Another New Toy

Ray R

That reel will munch Kings up....

I hope so mate, I have put 300m of 30lb braid on it so it should stop most things that I'm likely to catch, plus the reel has a big drag capacity 20 - 30 lbs..

I hope so mate, I have put 300m of 30lb braid on it so it should stop most things that I'm likely to catch, plus the reel has a big drag capacity 20 - 30 lbs..

Ray you wont be dissapointed with it ,how much backing did you put on first. I was lucky enougth to have a choice of the 6500 or 4500 to do some work with on a cat fish rod out of the uk im having a play with for spinning for a mate from down south . ,I took the 4500, it holds 300 of 30 lbs braid nicley .plenty of speed a lot ligther than the 6500 .

Very nice reel ,

The only downside is the gear ratio is to high once fighting large fish . Have a look at the ratio on all the jigging reels and you will see why. Daiwa made the dogfight that had similar ratios and using that reel compared to an expedition 6500 you soon got to see why . Under 5.0 ratio is the go for large fish.

Cheers Dogtooth.... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile:

Very nice reel ,

The only downside is the gear ratio is to high once fighting large fish . Have a look at the ratio on all the jigging reels and you will see why. Daiwa made the dogfight that had similar ratios and using that reel compared to an expedition 6500 you soon got to see why . Under 5.0 ratio is the go for large fish.

Cheers Dogtooth.... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile:

well said Dogtooth ,that was another reasion i went the smaller reel ,it still has all the speed you will ever need . hook a small black on spin off the rocks 2 years back ,i was using a 8 to1 lx avet ,just to high gear raito to try and pump and wind ,

gday ray ,

If you dont mind me asking what do they retail ?

cheers

Top Breamer

G'day mate, you can get them at tackle shops for anywhere between 330.00 and 360.00..

Should ask GO FISH at Dural about them if you are in that area..