Giving The Boat A Name

cameldownunder

Hi

I have bought a boat about 2 month ago, and she does not have a name yet. Not in the papers, not on the boat.

Now I am thinking of naming her.

Q1: Do I have to check with some authority if the name exists, or am I free in my choice?

Q2: Is there an etiquette in naming the boat, like no use of certain words, or summoning things?

Can imagine names not welcome are: Tsunami, TidalWave

Are things like: Lucky catch, Lucky dip, Fortuna, etc... allowed?

Q3: Is there a Formal/Superstitious ritual to perform (Sacrifice of Goats/Henns) :1yikes:

With a boat name you can call it whatever you like , providing it is not offensive. If all you are going to do is put the name on the side then you can name it what you like, however, if you want to formally name the boat and register that name with Maritime, then the name must become the registered number, so to speak. In other words, all rego numbers in NSW end with the letter "N", so if you give your boat a formal name then that too must end in "N" - for example "FISH N" etc. It is only when you formally name the boat that you must check with Maritime to see if that name is already taken.

The important thing I suppose is to try and be sensible with the name.

Regarding the ritual / superstition thing, it is mandatory to provide ALL Raiders that respond to this thread with a fresh Jewie of a minimum length of 90cm and be delivered cleaned and on ice to their respective home addresses on a Saturday arvo. Otherwise dreadful things may happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Tuffy.

PS. pm me for the home address.

Hey Tuffy,

take it easy on Cameldownunder!

At least you could offer to help him catch the 11000 jews that he'll need to come up with to keep everyon in Fishraider happy!

Cheers

Chris

Chris, maaaate, that means EFFORT - bugger that.

Besides, my boat is already named. Where were you when I took the jewies to everyone?

Tuffy