Blueswimmer Crabs

diver1

G'Day Diver

A mate an I tried last 2 weekends in Tilligerry Creek for 5 just legal crabs very slow they are just not around yet in any big numbers.

After checking the hats a couple of time a mate noticed one of the floats bobbing up and down I assumed it would be a big ray :1yikes::1yikes: when saw this cut him free and he swam away.

I will have another go this weekend maybe the hot weather may stir them into action.

Cheers

Gibbo

post-4683-1258942356_thumb.jpg

post-4683-1258942380_thumb.jpg

There are Blueys also up the Parra River and Lane Cove Rivers- my mate Eddie has been getting 1 or 2 each outing on handlines with pillie slabs intended for Bream + getting Flatties up to 86cm and Bream to 40cm same outing every time

Taylor to 40cm in same area and Kingies have been caught up past Gladesville Bridge to 86cm in the last week on Bream gear (10lb and whole pillies)- none on live yakkas and squid thought, lol

All the Blueys he got have been over 8cm and a few tipped at 10 and 11cm across the shell

They are well and truly out there, drop some witches hats with fresh Mullet frames you will nail them for sure.

Going to be a cracking summer of jewies, Kingies and monster Muddies and Blueys- get out there and among them fallas

WOO-HOO!!!!!!

Edited by jewiehaven

There are Blueys also up the Parra River and Lane Cove Rivers- my mate Eddie has been getting 1 or 2 each outing on handlines with pillie slabs intended for Bream + getting Flatties up to 86cm and Bream to 40cm same outing every time

Taylor to 40cm in same area and Kingies have been caught up past Gladesville Bridge to 86cm in the last week on Bream gear (10lb and whole pillies)- none on live yakkas and squid thought, lol

All the Blueys he got have been over 8cm and a few tipped at 10 and 11cm across the shell

They are well and truly out there, drop some witches hats with fresh Mullet frames you will nail them for sure.

Going to be a cracking summer of jewies, Kingies and monster Muddies and Blueys- get out there and among them fallas

WOO-HOO!!!!!!

Love that post!

Stupid question - what is the deal with blue swimmers do they move in/out of the river system on different tides/seasons?

Gonna have a crack this Sunday.

Cheers

Andy

My olds just got back today from 5 days up the hawkesbury and bought back a good feed of blueswimmers.

Not exactly sure how many they got or where they got 'em, but, they ate a fair few up there, bought back a few for me(and the :wife: ) and my pop and they kept a few.

They taste bloody good too.

So yeah, they're around up there somewhere, but got to say, they're not the biggest you ever saw.

P.S. They pulled a pot up 1 time and found a bloody good bream tangled in it.

must be on everywere else except lake macquarie? had pots out all night and me baits didnt even get touched, had whole mullet and tins of cat food as bait. i did get a huge starfish and a fantail leather jacket and a 29cm snapper stuck in me nets but.

Edited by diver1

Myself and a Nathan a fellow raider *kingcatcher* ventured into narrabeen lake on Friday night hoping for a few prawns . The prawns were few and far between but ended up with 6 very nice size blue swimmers that we scooped up in our prawn nets.. Didn't think that they were in narrabeen lake. Was a very nice surprise and mum was pleased.

cheers YG

Edited by Young Gun

Myself and a Nathan a fellow raider *kingcatcher* ventured into narrabeen lake on Friday night hoping for a few prawns . The prawns were few and far between but ended up with 6 very nice size blue swimmers that we scooped up in our prawn nets.. Didn't think that they were in narrabeen lake. Was a very nice surprise and mum was pleased.

cheers YG

good stuff, ide be stoked toooo!!!!! :yahoo: