Squid In Botany Bay ?

hamerz84

gday guys looking at doing an arvo-night session this saturday in botany bay chasing kings and salmon and maybe back up river 2 see if we can get jews later at night.

my question is where abouts around la perouse or anywhere int the bay for that matter does everybody go to get some squid, i havnt really tried to get squid in the bay so any info would be great.

cheers hamerz.

Edited by hamerz84

I understand you can get them around Bare Island (watch the bommie) and up in Yarra Bay.

If you use the forum search tool you will find quite a few helpful posts.

Any of the weed beds are worth a go. I have caught them before over the weed patches between Dolls Point to Ramsgate.

Good luck.

Baz

Hi hamerz have a go after sunset anywhere around Yarra Bay bait grounds for your calamari squid having tried the broken sections along Watts reef to see if any there or you may strike cuttlefish there , so go there first off... should be able to find pockets of arrows in the early bays like Wooloware or the end of Carrs park and particularly in the dead end opposite the hole in the wall boat ramp, have a go in there during big tides too...the arrows also hang around the pylons at Captain Cook bridge so try a 2.0 jig in the 8 feet of water over sand between one and two pylon on the southside as it starts to get dark.. if they go off or are not there put the jew rods out, don't worry about the depth just stay over sand and anchor fifty metres in between one and two and cast in towards both but nicely back and fish well off to the left of pylon one where the regular land based blokes cast but fish thru both ends of the tide if you can..

Hope this helps

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer