Harbour Outing

SNAP-ER

Hi raiders

Hit the harbour last saturday night, and the plan was to go get some squid, have a fish for jewie and target the kings in the morning.

We managed to get a few squid and headed off to find ourselves our first harbour jewie.Using my new furuno FCV-620 (GREAT SOUNDER!!)we sounded up a nice whole off a point and decided we would spend the remainder of the night here.This spot just had the feeling about it and the structure of it was looking promising to be holding jewies.We anchored up and threw out a live yakka and 2 fresh squid,we then decided it was time to have a snooze for a few hours and layed down on the carpeted floor all squashed up with my brother in law and cousin.

post-10704-1259221056_thumb.jpg

I was woken by the sound of my okuma v-system reel BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZN!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZ! ! ! ! ! and jumped up still half asleep and sort of dreaming to my reality! lol I grabed the rod and knew i was onto a jewie with the big long run and the jerking headshakes that it was giving."WAKE UP" i yelled "WERE ONTO A JEWIE" and the boys were up in a flash!!Into the boat was a netted 65cm jewie not bad for our first harbour jewie with not knowing any familiar spots.

post-10704-1259220889_thumb.jpg

The sun was rising and headed straight out to see if there were any sambos around but Zilch!!

We were off to see if the kingies were around and managed to get a 65cm rat that was released and got smashed by some bigger ones.

post-10704-1259221747_thumb.jpg

Had a great time and managed to come home with a 65cmjewie,32cm bream 2 legal tailor and about 10 leftover squid,looking forward to getting out there again.

post-10704-1259219351_thumb.jpg