Avoca Area

hpsauce

Hello fellow fishraiders :)

Im gna be staying at avoca for a week for holidays and I was planning to go fishing with my cousins.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some good locations (landbased) to go and just cast a line.

Ive been reading about the beach and rock fishing in that area...but duno if i hav the right gear...is there any wharfs in that area also? Im still a novice fishermen so i have much to learn hehe

any input would be much appreciated :)

THANK YOU :thumbup::yahoo:

If RayR doesn't post a reply, send him a pm. He is an Avoca local and from the success he has in the area, you'd swear he knows all the fish by their first names.

Cheers, Slinky

Bob the bream, sam shovelnose, barry baker, terry tarwhine. That's a good one Slinky..

On a more serious note though mate, try up at the shark tower (beach) look for a gutter and an incoming tide. Or up a little further towards Nth Avoca , some good gutters up there too. You could also try down the southern end just near the surf club, a late arvo/dusk fish could prove productive for some bream on peeled prawns, fish the area where the beach ends and the rock pool starts.

This is a start for ya buddy, hope you go and nail a few...

Bob the bream, sam shovelnose, barry baker, terry tarwhine. That's a good one Slinky..

On a more serious note though mate, try up at the shark tower (beach) look for a gutter and an incoming tide. Or up a little further towards Nth Avoca , some good gutters up there too. You could also try down the southern end just near the surf club, a late arvo/dusk fish could prove productive for some bream on peeled prawns, fish the area where the beach ends and the rock pool starts.

This is a start for ya buddy, hope you go and nail a few...

if you are going to fish the southen end near the rock pool at this time of the year you are in for some fun .clubs think they owen it ,hunders of pearnts with there kids in the conner with the flags ,luance area for the rubber ducke ,

RAY i think you should go with anyone you send to fish these placec beening a local to keep all the other locals well behaived and give first hand advice .

Hello fellow fishraiders :)

Im gna be staying at avoca for a week for holidays and I was planning to go fishing with my cousins.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some good locations (landbased) to go and just cast a line.

Ive been reading about the beach and rock fishing in that area...but duno if i hav the right gear...is there any wharfs in that area also? Im still a novice fishermen so i have much to learn hehe

any input would be much appreciated :)

THANK YOU :thumbup::yahoo:

hey buddy, theres a few wharfs around the saratoga/ davistown area if your just wanting to wet a line..

its only about 10min from avoca and theres always one that should be out of the wind.. :biggrin2: