Cuda 186 Vs. Lowrance X52

Caine1

G'day all,

With the purchase of my boat I got both an Eagle Cuda 168 which is currently fitted and a Lowrance x52 brand new in the box. I used the Cuda on the weekend but found that even a little bit of movement of the boat showed fish....slow right down and the fish disappeared from the screen.

I have not played with any of the setting including sensitivity but will have a chance this weekend.

For those that know of both units, which is the best unit, if one is indeed better than the other? Should I go to the effort if fitting the x52 or keep the 168 in the boat?

Cheers

Catchy

G'day all,

With the purchase of my boat I got both an Eagle Cuda 168 which is currently fitted and a Lowrance x52 brand new in the box. I used the Cuda on the weekend but found that even a little bit of movement of the boat showed fish....slow right down and the fish disappeared from the screen.

I have not played with any of the setting including sensitivity but will have a chance this weekend.

For those that know of both units, which is the best unit, if one is indeed better than the other? Should I go to the effort if fitting the x52 or keep the 168 in the boat?

Cheers

Catchy

eagle

specs say x52 240x 160 the cuda only shows vert pixels at 160 so id say its 16v128

the lowrance has the capability to show more on the screen

turn fish id off and look for arches on the screen every time to use th esounder you have to adjust the sensitivity surface clutter each time you go out

set scroll speed and ping speed to high

eagle

specs say x52 240x 160 the cuda only shows vert pixels at 160 so id say its 16v128

the lowrance has the capability to show more on the screen

turn fish id off and look for arches on the screen every time to use th esounder you have to adjust the sensitivity surface clutter each time you go out

set scroll speed and ping speed to high

Thanks all...am fitting the Lowrance before the weekend..