Nothing Caught

nosquid

Went to 40 basket on the weekend and all I caught was....little sweep in plague proportions..... I went early in the morning on the Saturday +- 4am and was on the water by 4:30am. I could see the squid but I couldn't get them to take the lures. i tried basically for 3 hours for absolutely nothing. What am i doing wrong.

inbetween this i did manage one yakka and sent it out but not even a touch. When you do this are you supposed to rig the livey with a float to keep them in the top water column or with a weight to keep them on the bottom? Any Suggestions.

I have been trying for quite some time and have not been succesful at all.

Also went to Turnks Park on the Saturday Afternoon and also couldn;t cata a single sifh, even though I could see them. Anyone out ther able to give me a hand or better yet let me join you on a fishig outing. I have my own light gear.

I would love it if someone has a spare spot sometime to go out and catch some squid, as my nick suggests, i am still squidless

thanks

Ad

Thats like reading one of my days

(except i am not going out so early, and i dont even see squids :1badmood: )

If I might join in on the request for someone more experienced to take me on a fishing expedition.

I can sit quite in the corner and just watch, or help full on, catch the bait (if instructed) :1fishing1:

and of course pay the fuel and bring some :beersmile: .

Departure under Roseville Bridge preferred :thumbup:

mate i dont even bother with big squid jigs 1.8g and under always gets the buggers going. dosnt really matter wat time of the day if there they will take the jig (best thing bout a boat is u can try different spots till u find the rite 1). single 7/0 hook through the tail end of the squid and drop it down just keep it off the bottom, i usually keep it half way between the sea bed and the boat.

wat rig u use depends on wat your after.

swordy i'd love to take em out but i got a 4.8mt bowrider and a list of people waiting.

no squid pm me your number and stuff and if i have a spare spot next week i'll take u along.

hopefully another raider can help u out aswell.