Parra Session 4-1-2010

snag

Went down the parra yesterday with dave for a flick to see if the bream where about, we where not disappointed.

Nearly every area we hit had good fish and Dave even managed a few on topwater, which was good fun.

Most of the bream came from the flats in IC and a rock wall futher up river. In total we caught 10 legal bream a few good size Lizards and some thumper whitting and some terminal tackel....lol

post-156-1262638953_thumb.jpg

post-156-1262639012_thumb.jpg

post-156-1262639036_thumb.jpg

post-156-1262639062_thumb.jpg

Some nice bream there Snag. :thumbup: The parramatta river sure must have changed since I tried it about 20years ago. The reports coming from raiders on bream, flathead & jewfish is unbelievable. :1yikes: If there wasn't photo's included in the post I'd think you all were on the funny stuff. Good to see our waterways are getting back to productive fishing haunts. :1fishing1:

Regards Jeff

I hope they get a bit of a taste for those topwater lures as I am dying to try my selection out on the bream population.

Thanks for the report :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Stewy you will have some fun on topwater, both bream and whiting are smashing them. :1fishing1:

Ha! Tosland has had a nasty dribble!

Good to see you out and about boys..

Keep an eye out for the purple stessl Bass Boss with the 115 merc on the back ;)

Thought someone would pick up on that think it's my lekky driven...always on ten......lol. :biggrin2:

Edited by snag

Forgive my knowledge on the topic .. that first pic is that a small blade or a hard body lure ?

How far can you cast something like that ? and do you let it sit and retrieve it slowly or is it more of a jerk and wait, jerk and wait retrieve ?

Nice work! Is that bream jumping in the group photo where it looks to be blury ? :074:

Forgive my knowledge on the topic .. that first pic is that a small blade or a hard body lure ?

How far can you cast something like that ? and do you let it sit and retrieve it slowly or is it more of a jerk and wait, jerk and wait retrieve ?

Nice work! Is that bream jumping in the group photo where it looks to be blury ? :074:

In the first pic it's a topwater hardbody lure, casts out about 10mts plus and you work it back by twitching and winding your handle at the same time.

And yes the bream is jumping in the photo, as i got the out of the livewell for a photo and them back into the river they went...one guy at the ramp thought i was crazy and asked me for the fish....told him to catch his own.....lol.