Suggestions For A Combo

disturb3d

HI guys,

With my wedding anniversary arriving this Sunday, the :wife: said go nuts in the tackle shop. At the moment, i'm looking for a 4000 series reel and a 4-8kg rod.

So far these are my options

ROD

Shimano starlo stix pro 7'10

Pflueger Asaro 7'0

Shimano FireRaider

Shimano Jewel

Reel

Pflueger President XT 4000

Pflueger Supreme MG 4000

Stradic 4000

Basically for a rod i've budgeted between 150-180 and 200-300 for a reel.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Cheers

Mark

If the wife will let's you spend that type of cash on a combo....times it by the amount of years you have been married and get the top of the rang rod and a stella or saltiga.

Then if she goes nuts :wife: tell her you love her and that you dont want anything next anniversary :thumbup: .

Well i've got 3 Pflueger Asaro rods and they are a very nice rod, got two 2-4kg and a 3-6kg one.

The Pflueger President XT is a good reel, maybe as an option check out the Abu Garcia Soron STX or SX, they're both great reels.

Cheers,

Leo

Cheers Guys,

Might just get the mrs to get me the FireBlood 4000. I got quoted a real good price for it so will probably get it Tomorrow or Saturday.

As for the rod, i'm going for the 3-6kg Starlo Stix Pro.

Has anyone got any feedback of the Fireblood?

I've got one and I love it... it's done some really serious hard work soft plastic fishing the reefs off Townsville and has been faultless. Awesome drag and tough as nails. Suitable for anything from snapper and harbour kings up to serious ooglies.

Cheers, Slinky

I've got one and I love it... it's done some really serious hard work soft plastic fishing the reefs off Townsville and has been faultless. Awesome drag and tough as nails. Suitable for anything from snapper and harbour kings up to serious ooglies.

Cheers, Slinky

Thanks Slinky.

How big were the snapper/kings you've hurled on this reel. would a 3-6kg line rating ROD be ok with this reel?

Cheers Guys,

Might just get the mrs to get me the FireBlood 4000. I got quoted a real good price for it so will probably get it Tomorrow or Saturday.

As for the rod, i'm going for the 3-6kg Starlo Stix Pro.

Has anyone got any feedback of the Fireblood?

Mate, my only warning is that the Fireblood is a superceded reel (older technology, does not come with some of the latest Shimano features like the new shaped spool that reduces wind knots, the new gearing system etc). It's a re-badged Sephia, which was on the Jap market at least 5-odd years ago. Not surprised you can get it at a good price as it's no longer even listed on the Shimano Australia web site.

Similar to the Aspire which was second only to the Stella three years ago, but again, does not have the new features Shimano introduced a couple of years ago to its mid- to high-end reels.