Marine Stereo

Gorms

Got a new stereo installed in my tinny. It's a fusion ms ip500 iPod stereo.  

The Head deck face folds down and you insert your iPod like a cassette tape. Awesome idea. Fully waterproof. 

I put mine in a removable marine ply box for further safety and security. 

It's 4x70 watts which is a tad more powerful than a car stereo and never distorts. I couldnt flush mount my speakers so i opted for box speakers. Fusion only had 4 inch box speakers but maybe there are larger waterproof speakers in a box in other brands. IMO the 4 inch is ample sound for a trailer boat. 

Everywhere was selling the unit for $589 but I shopped around and got it for cheaper. Pm me if you need details-maybe they will repeat the deal I haggled off them. Think I got the speakers for $120 a pair.  

Hope this can help someone looking for a marine stereo setup.

Cheers. Gorms. 

post-8018-1263119739_thumb.jpg

post-8018-1263119771_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gorms

• 3 weeks later...

Looks the goods mate. Assuming you've connected it all up and used it a couple of times now, are you happy with it?

Out of curiosity, when the boat battery is dissconnected, as boat batteries often are, do you lose all the preset radio channels or does the head unit have a memory?

Cheers.

Looks the goods mate. Assuming you've connected it all up and used it a couple of times now, are you happy with it?

Out of curiosity, when the boat battery is dissconnected, as boat batteries often are, do you lose all the preset radio channels or does the head unit have a memory?

Cheers.

Yeah it was something i was worried about, but i havent lost any of the stations. Im yet to get a aerial connected up so i can get AM, but 2km off Long reef, i was listening to Nova 969 clear as day.

Ive been extremely happy with it. Had a small problem with a speaker vibrating, but i think i should have used 3 pop rivets instead of 2 to secure the speakers to the boat.

Looking forward to going for a flick of an arvo and listening to the footy (with a little something placed on my footy team)

Yeah it was something i was worried about, but i havent lost any of the stations. Im yet to get a aerial connected up so i can get AM, but 2km off Long reef, i was listening to Nova 969 clear as day.

Ive been extremely happy with it. Had a small problem with a speaker vibrating, but i think i should have used 3 pop rivets instead of 2 to secure the speakers to the boat.

Looking forward to going for a flick of an arvo and listening to the footy (with a little something placed on my footy team)

If they still vibrate, you can but some foam adheisive tape (usually used around door jambs) from a selected hardware store and tape to the back of your speaker, trim it up if it protrudes, then screw to your boat.

That should stop it :thumbup:

CHeeRS

Ant

Edited by Anroco

By that I take it that you have had the battery disconnected since programming your stations. How long for? Sometimes electronic items have a memory for a short time, maybe up to a week. I would want something that would last 3 or 4 months.

By that I take it that you have had the battery disconnected since programming your stations. How long for? Sometimes electronic items have a memory for a short time, maybe up to a week. I would want something that would last 3 or 4 months.

only had the battery disconnected for a few days so injavent tested longer than a week.

Can't help you there mate.

go the TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

i won't forget you and me outside the heads in a big swell, with the boat airborne most of the time and your stereo pumping club tracks.

Thought that was gonna be the soundtrack to the end of my life!!!

Fun times

If they still vibrate, you can but some foam adheisive tape (usually used around door jambs) from a selected hardware store and tape to the back of your speaker, trim it up if it protrudes, then screw to your boat.

That should stop it :thumbup:

CHeeRS

Ant

awesome idea- thankyou pal.