First Marlin Of Season For Nic-nat

nick 10

Hey

Went out today hoping to get get our first marlin of the season.Only had my 2 mates Ben an Bj onboard never bein game fishin b4.Put the lures in about 5 mile out from the heads an headed south for nothing turned north an started to head up towards the 12 mile an half way there the shotgun goes off looked out the back an we were on to a good fish.Took 30mins on 24kg got the fish to the boat an the fish was tail rapt.Try hard to get the fish going again but no luck we pulled him onboard.Ended up being 90kg black gutted!!

Ps dad ur not fishin on ur boat no more ur bad luck!! :thumbup:

post-6045-1263979518_thumb.jpg

Edited by NIC-NAT

Well done lads........good fish. My guess it is a Blue Marlin, going by the shape of the head and long lower jaw.

Hi Nick

It looks like a Blue to me going on the photo. Send us some more shots of the fish and I'll try to work out what it was ??. If you still have the Head at home measure from the tip of the bottom jaw to the back of the Gill case and from the base of the dorsal to the middle of the pectoral fins. And did the Pec fins fold flat and if you kept them take a pic for me OK. Then I'll check with Fred Montobello as he keeps all of his measurements.

Can you at least put up your Mates name on your next post.

good work mate, you heading to nowra in feb? if so we have to have a beer bud,

cheers andy,

Don't think his dad would approve as he only just left the JR ranks for fishing. Better make it a "Softie"

Got to agree with you about your DAD being bad luck but he WILL make up for it this season !!!

Ken

Ken

The pec fins didnt fold down so i am pritty sure its a black!

Well done on the first for the season.. :thumbup:

I would call it for a Black. It is a bit hard to tell from the pic but it looks like the second dorsal fin is in front of the anal fin, a feature only found on Blacks..

:D

congrats nic,nice fish ,probably have your mates hooked for life now

its gona hurt when nic nat goes back on a trailer ah mate

as for kenny,s coments about your old man ,you know he makes a mean lunch big fella,every time ive fished with him ive put on 5 kilos (got to love that condiments eski)

cheers arman