The Gong

fishhunter76

Hi All,

Just a quick write up of this mornings trip to the Gong. Got there at 6am on the dot and the weather was great for abit of a spin...

The first cast bang on my first Bonito, secong cast bang on another, and then my two friends arrived and the fishing was on fire with bonitos going off. Ended up catching a nice salmon to end the day as the wind started to pick up as predicted...end of the day a great morning session Heaps released as well :thumbup::thumbup:

Here are a few pics of the catch... :yahoo:

Cheers LALA :biggrin2:

post-7346-1264243964_thumb.jpg

post-7346-1264243980_thumb.jpg

Edited by lala

some nice fish spinning there lala.was that port kembla you were fishing?& wat lures workd for you that day,metals?if so,what type,raiders,maniacs or twistys.in my experience spinning metals,iv caught most on raiders & knights,but also a few on small maniacs.i used to exclusivly use twistys,but never really had much luck wif em.

just gotta love rock spinning!!!!!!

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

Hi All,

Just a quick write up of this mornings trip to the Gong. Got there at 6am on the dot and the weather was great for abit of a spin...

The first cast bang on my first Bonito, secong cast bang on another, and then my two friends arrived and the fishing was on fire with bonitos going off. Ended up catching a nice salmon to end the day as the wind started to pick up as predicted...end of the day a great morning session Heaps released as well :thumbup::thumbup:

Here are a few pics of the catch... :yahoo:

Cheers LALA :biggrin2:

Which breakwall is this?

Hey Mike and Jim,

Just been laying low...how you guys been???

Thanks for the reply. hope to catch up one dya... :thumbup:

Cheers Mike.

some nice fish spinning there lala.was that port kembla you were fishing?& wat lures workd for you that day,metals?if so,what type,raiders,maniacs or twistys.in my experience spinning metals,iv caught most on raiders & knights,but also a few on small maniacs.i used to exclusivly use twistys,but never really had much luck wif em.

just gotta love rock spinning!!!!!!

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

Hi there Johnny i was in the coal terminal break wall. and spinning these plastic octpus baits wiht a 2-3mtr traces and float rig.

post-7346-1264298294_thumb.jpg

Thamks for the onfo lala. I might be able to find that jig now. A lot of the guys at bass point use them as well.

Thats the only thing the bonito's seem to take at bass point. Ive tried metal lures and even pillies but the only thing it touches is the octopus lure.

How do you rig and work these octopus lures?

(line)--------------(float)O(sinker)o(swivel)<>(line)---------------------------------(lure)+++

cast out and retrive, works like a popper. On the stall between retrives- the octopus legs flair out and the bonnies hit.