Sydney Harbour Aust Day

rickster

Mate and i went out on sunday morning chasing blackfish in the harbour. Worked hard but managed 10 between us in about 5 hours (3 spots)so not brilliant. What is encouraging though is the number of fish we occasionally saw laying about 3 feet below the surface where it's about 20 feet deep or more. Only small groups of a half dozen or so and always on the move. I backed up again Australia Day and fished a couple of spots west of the bridge. Managed 4 fairly quickly, biggest probably just under a kilo, and dropped as many in the first spot i tried. I began thinking, geez, pretty soon i'll be needing help lifting the keeper net in and out of the water. Sure enough one more down in the next hour. Never get too far ahead of yourself. You'd think we should know better. Anyway, took a quick pic, put them back in and tried another spot not too far away. Again burleyed up and in very quick time landed another (all released). Started to get a bit too warm by now so decided to call it quits and actually left them biting. Weed again is a bit hard to find, but that's usually the way, whens there's miles of weed, there's not as many fish.

post-11436-1264561925_thumb.jpg

Kelso Park. So much weed it looks like a green carpet across the water. So full of aquatic life that the bream were taking the weed also.

Blackies were biting down as far as Warwick Farm. No size but a bit of fun on light gear. Not the cleanest looking water but the fish were in good condition and they went pretty hard.