2010 Shimano Stella

gretsch

I hear you Johnno.. I always thought the FA & FB looked pretty good. I was ambivalent about the appearance of the SW and FD Series when they were first released.

What excites me about this new series is the improved drag (both smoothness and capacity).

Have a look at this for BLING!! I am getting one of each model..... :1prop:

Oh dear. You know what'll happen then, Chris. They'll make the rods look shabby, so you'll have to upgrade them. They in turn will make your other outfits look shabby ... it's a vicious circle! :074:

Look forward to hearing your appraisal of their performance mate

Cheers

Ian

Yes Ian, a nasty nasty ricochet will bounce through the garage and 5 grand later you wonder what happended!!

I think I will grab a 2500 and see how it compares to my current one.

Framedtrash, the paddle has always been available but only in Japan. Actually, it is available on most Japanese domestic models.

SZ1, I wouldn't imagine the bigger models will be superceded yet as they have only been around for 18 months. They seem to test the waters with the smaller models first.

Will post a review once I get mey hands on the 2500 and test it on a rat Kingy (great fish for testing drags on small spinning reels :thumbup: )

Look forward to your review, I was going to say the SW has only been out for a brief period and a new one is comming out already that was fast!!!

I have heard rumours of a new Saltiga that maye be on the card sometime this year as well.

Cheers,

SZ1

I have heard rumours of a new Saltiga that maye be on the card sometime this year as well.

Cheers,

SZ1

That's going to be one sweet reel from what I have heard ;)

Some new technology going into them, not just colour changes and more holes....

The Mavericks were stunning, just wish custom rods didn't take so long to be made, my reels are going to be superceeded before the rods arrive at this rate! :mad3:

G

G'Day Johnno,

Thanks for the chat, really enjoyed meeting you today and discussing the pros and cons of new models etc. Look forward to organising a fishing trip!

The paddle handle looks like it came off a baitcaster, looks weird. Dont mind if they upgrade the whole unit, not just a fresh colour scheme. Surely it is hard to keep bringing out new models, I mean the technology in them is not finite, with little changes in spec over various models, that goes for Daiwa too.

It may mean that "current" model reels will be discounted to make way for the new range, if you dont mind having the "latest" could well mean saving some $$$$.

I recently purchased a Aspire, very nice reel and not even half the cost of a stella, but with most of the offerings!

Regards,

Rob

Harsh words from the Daiwa Lobby.... :1prop:

Hey Chris

Bought a 18000sw last month to match a rod colour....

I'm a brand tart, best available and look is more important to me than brand loyalty.

If they paid me it could be different tho ;)

They just couldn't afford me! lmao

No more new reels for me for a little while, just spent 60 big ones this arvo on a kitchen and I have 2 bathrooms and a outdoor roof top to do yet! :wacko:

G

Hey Chris

Bought a 18000sw last month to match a rod colour....

I'm a brand tart, best available and look is more important to me than brand loyalty.

If they paid me it could be different tho ;)

They just couldn't afford me! lmao

No more new reels for me for a little while, just spent 60 big ones this arvo on a kitchen and I have 2 bathrooms and a outdoor roof top to do yet! :wacko:

G

60 for a kitchen :1yikes:

I hope a good cook came with that :biggrin2:

G

Shesh....and that's on top of the appliance coming in at cost no doubt....lucky you save all that money on your reduced fuel bills with the E-tec's.....

Iceman

It should come with a cook named Stella for that me thinks!

Poddy, Next has done near 200 engine hours in the last 12 months and with only 2 speeds, fast and stop(don't troll). SHe still does get threw 700lt a month average and 5 trips out ATM :1yikes:

Chris, how cheap am I?

LOoking for a appliance sponsor now, photo shoot opportunity for free appliances :biggrin2:

I want a steam oven so I can do fish easier!

G

I just got 2 T Curve Rods with 2500 and 4000 Stella's on them.

Any improvements in the new ones or just bling?

When are they expected to be released because my tackle supply guy knows nothing about them?

There are some improvements. One or two more bearings and bigger gears.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here Cephlapod if your looking to sell any of ur current Stellas ill b willing to fork out some cash, most probably from my parents wallets but its a good investment :P oh and if u want to contact me send me an email ryno_popey@hotmail.com

Edited by the mini mistro

The 2010 Stella has been launched!! Not available as yet but imminent.

Have a look at this for BLING!! I am getting one of each model..... :1prop:

post-3708-1264622807_thumb.jpg

post-3708-1264622814_thumb.jpg

Bugger, I have a 4000FD bought two and a half years ago that hasn't even seen water yet ... and it's already about to be superceded! Poor thing, it never got the chance to come off the bench with the Branzinos always being first choice ... and it never will now! :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...