Windy Botany Bay But Still Fish!

Breambucket

Hey guys

Headed out to botany sunday arvo with a small break in the weather and after spending all weekend inside i had to get out!

The wind for the most part was blowing a gale but i still did alright considering the conditions, Tried the sticks first nothin much happening there other than a few just off legal baby snapper (29-28cm) which might be a good sign in months to come.

Worked my way over to the groins and instantly found fish caught about 5 trevally in a row (kept 2 for a bloke at work) and once i got away from them i actually had a hard time landing a few bream. They were very picky and were only taking the sp's on the down which is new to me as i have only been targeting them/bein able to catch :1prop: with lures for a couple of months and every other time the fish have been super aggressive.

I ended up landing around 5 legal bream kept 2 for the table and lost one decent sized one as well as my go to lure at the moment (zx30) on a bodge self netting job :1badmood:

Amongst all of this i also landed my pb whiting on a lure! i have caught a few of the beach at south west rocks with beach worms that were into the 50cm club but it was a welcomed surprised to see it surface

Most fish were taken on 3 inch Gulps best colour by far was peppered prawn

2n6avk4.jpg

14ax6ki.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics it was with my phone again

Pete

Edited by Breambucket

Conditions will be good this weekend in the area we were fishing in the comp

Yeah lets hope so :)

Im takin an apprentice from work out Friday arvo to try teach him how to use plastics so hopefully we will be able to get a feed for his parents.

thanks for all the feed back guys

Pete