Maianbar Nippers

AndrewNR

Am going to pump some nippers at maianbar and was wondering if anyone would help me out by letting me know the latest time to pump them in the run up to high tide. Low tide on sat is around 1pm but I want to fish dusk onwards when the sun is close to going down so I don't turn into a beetroot. Thanks Andrew

And if you pump on the run-out the water washes away from where you are pumping instead of up over where you are pumping.

When the tide starts coming back in, bream, whiting, flathead etc. move up onto the flats attracted by the disturbances in the sand. That's the time to put your yabbies out on a hook. ;)

Baz

If you use a nipper siv you can pump them in numbers till at least 2.5hr after the low, you just get a little wetter!

Greg

Hi cant catch any nippers a great bait mate. I agree with Greg 100% but as Greg would agree at least 100%, even if he wasn't even trying, his biggest nippers wouldn't have the slightest chance of surviving the onslaught in 200 feet of water. :biggrin2:

can't catch any, the deeper the more deadly nippers are mate :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi cant catch any nippers a great bait mate. I agree with Greg 100% but as Greg would agree at least 100%, even if he wasn't even trying, his biggest nippers wouldn't have the slightest chance of surviving the onslaught in 200 feet of water. :biggrin2:

can't catch any, the deeper the more deadly nippers are mate :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hey Jewgaffer

Last month up in the Hawkesbury my son Jeremy and I were pumping up the back of Refugue bay and the deeper in the water we pumped, the bigger and in more number the nippers were. Strange thing was we found a patch that the nippers were a really dark orange, almost reddish colour. The patch would have only been a few metres wide and the others around them were a normal orange. Wonder what they had been eating to turn like that????

Here is a pic of 15mins worth and a one of the redder ones in the middle of normal ones.

post-3563-1265936331_thumb.jpg

Greg

Edited by GregL