Jewies In Middle Harbour?

tuffy

Fellow Raiders, just sitting at work thinking ( very quiet at the mo ) about Middle Harbour. I cross the Roseville bridge every day and keep looking at the area to the West near the reserve and to me it looks like it could be Jewey territory. I mean jewies don't mind a bit of murky water, so has anybody had any success with these elusive creatures up in that neck of the woods, or even down toward Bantry Bay or Sugarloaf Point. It's certainly deep enough around those parts ---- or am I just dreaming?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated - and I can keep a secret !!

Cheers, Russ.

Hi Tuffy,

Mate plenty of jew are caught right through all of Middle Harbour.

I get jewies reasonably consistently from various areas and know plenty of people that pick em up all through the system.

Squid is by far the best bait. For me i prefer to fish deeper water for them close to drop offs or some form of structure where they hang out.

Boat is the best option for them.

Sugarloaf and Pickering fishes well for big fish at times although at times its dead. Seen big kings caught in that area as well as sharks.

I must say that MH fishes much better when the boat traffic is low so i tend to fish mid week and its all yours.

Cheers

Mike

You are correct mate.

Jewie territory all over there. theres accouple of big holes just west of the bridge 15m to 30m were i have pulled out jews from. some times just drifting around structure targetting bream and whiting i snag a jew.

Cheers