Hello All (Another Newb)

Shan J

Hi All,

I've finally joined the site after stumbling on to it about a year ago.

The site is great and i have found some excellent info on here and i am looking forward to contributing where i can.

I grew up fishing the brisbane waters and then moved to Sydney some 15 years ago and didn't really fish much until the last two - three years.

I have had access to a boat over the entire time, but only hit the water a few times a year to get out with the grandfather (Old sailer) Then recently a lot of land based fishing around sydney.

Got myself an old school wooden boat now sitting up in Woy Woy channel and plan to hit the water a lot more regularly.

Been collecting some different rod and reels (nothing special) and have put all the gear into the boat. My plan is to land my first kingy before the seasons end.

Im heading out early tomorrow morning, :1fishing1: hoping to hook up to a few nice ones for fridays dinner :thumbup:

tight lines...

shannon

:1welcomeani: :1welcomeani:

Welcome to Fishraider as a member, Shannon. There'll be no shortage of Raiders crossing fingers for your first King today and plenty of people willing to help with advice and maybe even company if you need. Looking forward to reading the report from your session today. :1fishing1:

Cheers, Slinky

So dude - how did you go?

Hey,

i abandoned my boating trip as i forgot my boat keys and luckily realised before i got on the expressway.

Ended up trying my luck from the rock around near Nielsen Park (rose bay)

I spent 4 hours for very little action, one loss of a flathead and a good sunburn..

I also managed to catch possibly the smallest leather jacket ever hooked :( See attached...) For the record of measurement, the sp is a 5" berkley prawn and the little thing on the hook is the "leathery"..

i guess he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, cause i can only imagine he was hooked as i was winding in ???

Anyway, im sure i'll hook on to a nice kingy before the end of the season.

thanks for the greetings ..

s

post-12584-126699590548_thumb.jpg