Targetting Flatties (Or Bream) - Central Coast

shanesmp

Hi Raiders!

Just been searching the forums about fishing in and around Ettalong area, Ray R seems very informative when it comes to fishing around this area. He suggested to a few people, the Ettalong beach foreshore seems to give the best flattie numbers (Just to clarify, is that the area straight out from the Mantra hotel?). My dad has recently moved to umina beach not far from the Ettalong channel area, although I am usually positioned in Sydney for study. However, I am planning on heading up there this weekend tho (get there by early evening today), and definitely taking my fishing gear with me. I am keen to do some SP's fishing around the area,r particularly for flathead, just not sure exactly where to go. (Unfortunately it will be low tide after dinner tonight..)

Love to hear from someone. As I am very new to the sport of fishing. Since the Gary Brown seminar have been very keen to get out there again.

Shane.

Hi Raiders!

Just been searching the forums about fishing in and around Ettalong area, Ray R seems very informative when it comes to fishing around this area. He suggested to a few people, the Ettalong beach foreshore seems to give the best flattie numbers (Just to clarify, is that the area straight out from the Mantra hotel?). My dad has recently moved to umina beach not far from the Ettalong channel area, although I am usually positioned in Sydney for study. However, I am planning on heading up there this weekend tho (get there by early evening today), and definitely taking my fishing gear with me. I am keen to do some SP's fishing around the area,r particularly for flathead, just not sure exactly where to go. (Unfortunately it will be low tide after dinner tonight..)

Love to hear from someone. As I am very new to the sport of fishing. Since the Gary Brown seminar have been very keen to get out there again.

Shane.

G'day Shane, yeah that is the sandy beach I speak of, all along there , keep moving and flicking out wide in the deeper water as well as along the shallows,

you will will also see people drifting in boats in the centre of the channel near the big sand bar, that is a good spot too but ofcourse you neeed a boat..

G'day Shane, yeah that is the sandy beach I speak of, all along there , keep moving and flicking out wide in the deeper water as well as along the shallows,

you will will also see people drifting in boats in the centre of the channel near the big sand bar, that is a good spot too but ofcourse you neeed a boat..

Thanks for your reply Ray R, appreciate it. I was hoping to do a bit of fishing with my old man this weekend but that didn't work out cause he is newly married/moving (hence busy). Went out myself for a bit on the umina side, however unfortunately waterlogged my phone whilst at it. We actually have a 24ft cat moored off ettalong beach foreshore (Its getting done up and currently in the hardies bay shallows), am REALLY looking forward to going out on a trip in it, so much open area for doing fishing, wide enough to setup numerous deckchairs on the decking. Hopefully that trip will work out real soon - the final touches are going into getting the sail currently. Should fly!

I'd like to go fishing more often in Sydney but never have anyone to go with usually who enjoys it.

Shane.

Thanks for your reply Ray R, appreciate it. I was hoping to do a bit of fishing with my old man this weekend but that didn't work out cause he is newly married/moving (hence busy). Went out myself for a bit on the umina side, however unfortunately waterlogged my phone whilst at it. We actually have a 24ft cat moored off ettalong beach foreshore (Its getting done up and currently in the hardies bay shallows), am REALLY looking forward to going out on a trip in it, so much open area for doing fishing, wide enough to setup numerous deckchairs on the decking. Hopefully that trip will work out real soon - the final touches are going into getting the sail currently. Should fly!

I'd like to go fishing more often in Sydney but never have anyone to go with usually who enjoys it.

Shane.

heaps of us in sydney love our fishing :) but i hear ya sometimes its hard to get people to come along who will stick it out for the times i tend to go out there for :P