Botany Bay Saturday -20-2-10

DGF

hey guys, got out early this morning met up with a fellow raider down at kirribilli wharf as he was out catching squid etc.. for the his trip so i decided i would join him n get some for myself, the night was VERY slow managed 2 squid lost the 3rd one TWICE! and also got 2 yakkas kept them in my live tank went home took a nap @ around 5am woke up @ 10am got my boat preped up called my mate to see how he went earlier on in the morning in the harbour and he had no luck :/ so rather than waste more time n driving to the harbour to launch i decided to hit up botany bay as its nice n close, was out on the water by roughly 1pm anchored up @ the breakwall so i could rig everything up and set up the downrigger took about 5-10 minutes i had 3 rods set up differantly so i didnt have to keep trying to change rigs around one had a lure one was for the yakka and one for the squidso started downrigging with the lure first done 3 passes of the breakwall n nothing i could see the kings on the sounder coming up to my lure but they didnt seem interested, so i switched to the squid put on the smaller one first and first troll scored a 63cm rat king put up a decent fight considering i had 80lb braid :/ i thought it would of been bigger, anyway that was my first every botany bay king yay!, and back he went. so put a frozen/dead squid on and went for another pass on the 2nd pass i scored ANOTHER king and again same size but not much of a fight was up n in the boat without taking drag, now i put on my other live squid and did another pass he got chomped in half and missed the hook by 2mm :( .

Southerly picked up soon after that and the waters were getting rough so i headed over to towra and the oyster leases to try popping for some bream, first cast start reeling in slowly and i hear n see a splash near the lure but he missed :( no hook up wind got even worse so i decided to head back up to the breakwall again with hopes for another king, water was really rough on the way up and said bugger it home time bouncing around botany bay on my way back and i hit a wave i lift off the seat and slam back down and yay i hurt my back :/

sorry no pics batteries were dead :(