Mahi Mahi Fiji

Yarraone

HI guys just got back from fiji.. I did 1 full day and a half day fishing while I was there.. had a great time and some great fish.I wont go on to much but will try to add a few pic's..

To start the weather was a bit how you going when we arrived as they had the tale end of a hurricane going over .. But when it past we were on..

The possible recoed if it counts? was a Mahi Mahi at 160cm on a lure. here are a few pic's..

This is the guy I see every year, who puts me on the fish everytime..Jo

post-6381-126707472623_thumb.jpg

This is the one that may be a record? Not sure if it counts as it was in FIJI? or if it is the right section?

post-6381-126707479644_thumb.jpg post-6381-126707491263_thumb.jpg

post-6381-126707493333_thumb.jpg

This is the tuna dinner and the Mahi mahi dinner

post-6381-126707518833_thumb.jpgpost-6381-12670752404_thumb.jpg

post-6381-126707566233_thumb.jpgpost-6381-126707569962_thumb.jpg

having a few problems loading the photos.. maybe just a few to many..lol

Total catch for the 2 trips are as follows..

14 mixed striped & Mac tuna between 55cm to 75cm,

5 mahi mahi between 140cm to 160cm

1 yellowfin 95cm

post-6381-126707484105_thumb.jpg

post-6381-126707494833_thumb.jpg

Edited by yarraone

well done makes the holiday unforgetable!! thats my excuse for booking a charter whilest on holidays haha, love the last photo with the mahi over the shoulder thats gold!!!! :thumbup:

Yeah mate, I was aloud to go fishing on our anniversary as long as i bought the fish home for dinner .. So that was a classic shot, as we only need a filet to feed 4 of us..The rest of the fish went to the locals at the village that took me out.. :thumbup:

Thats a monster of a fish mate. Well done on the top catch and i cant imagine how awesome your trip would of been. I would love to go there one day and do what you did.

i will be going every year and reconmend to everyone to do it..If you can afford to go to QLD for 2 weeks with your partner?? you can afford FIJI.. Set your goal and do it.. :1fishing1::thumbup:

i will be going every year and reconmend to everyone to do it..If you can afford to go to QLD for 2 weeks with your partner?? you can afford FIJI.. Set your goal and do it.. :1fishing1::thumbup:

Your exactly right about the QLD thing, There always airfare sales to Fiji, for example at the moment Virgin are having a sale i think $199 to Fiji. Im planning to go in June-July, Does anyone know if that would be during Monsoon season or something.

Your exactly right about the QLD thing, There always airfare sales to Fiji, for example at the moment Virgin are having a sale i think $199 to Fiji. Im planning to go in June-July, Does anyone know if that would be during Monsoon season or something.

from talking to the locals this trip Monsoon seasons is later in the year between November and january