New Toys

DGF

Hey guys i went to my local tackle shop to buy a saltist reel but they ran out so.. i ended up buying a Daiwa EXCELLER OCEANO 4500 and a Nitro 7.6" Magnum butt rod >< took me 2 hours of deciding and worrying about my :wife: murdering me :P but it all turned out good :D got the reel spooled up with 30lb braid free as well cannot wait to break it (don't worry ill be gentle) in this out this weekend :D i went a lil cheaper on the reel but it still has a 9kg drag a very decent sized spool and suited the nitro rod fairly well they did recommend me getting the Daiwa SOL 4000 but being way past my budget already i decided the cheaper option. cant wait to spin up some fish :D

Nice choice mate,

Im thinking of buying the 4500 saltist looks to be a great reel

Just one question, Why did you buy such a short rod for spinning off the rocks?

I was wondering about a rod and i thought 10ft6 was the right length..

Harry

well coz i wanted to use it on my boat as well :P wanted an all purpose rod that i can take to every trip :) i have 2 12" rods already its a pain bringing em everywhere + i like light gear too its fun :D

Edited by DGF

I'm sure the rod will be a good allrounder from the shore & your boat.

As for the reel I reckon you have done well.

Slinky has one of these & from what I've seen I want one. :biggrin2:

Well done & I hope the combo nails you plenty of nice fish.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hey guys i went to my local tackle shop to buy a saltist reel but they ran out so.. i ended up buying a Daiwa EXCELLER OCEANO 4500 and a Nitro 7.6" Magnum butt rod >< took me 2 hours of deciding and worrying about my :wife: murdering me :P but it all turned out good :D got the reel spooled up with 30lb braid free as well cannot wait to break it (don't worry ill be gentle) in this out this weekend :D i went a lil cheaper on the reel but it still has a 9kg drag a very decent sized spool and suited the nitro rod fairly well they did recommend me getting the Daiwa SOL 4000 but being way past my budget already i decided the cheaper option. cant wait to spin up some fish :D

What would a combo like that set you back

ok broke in the new rod on saturday and hooked 4 bonnies lost 2 but landed the other 2 there was loads of action watsons leaping bonnies were going insane chasing the garfish had a load of fun :D