Upper Georges

bastik

Havent had a flick in over a week.

Went down to my local this arvo and managed 4 legal bream and dropped a decent lizard.

3 on sx40 and 1 on a zappa.

Arhhh it was good to get out there.

Waters cleared up too.

Looking forward to next week with the p.m. run out if the rain stays away

cheers

b

Good to hear they're bighting up your way. Are you finding fish close to very shallow areas or are you fishing deeper structures?

I was out Thurs for the run out on the Wonni and got 9 bream,

the best was 36cm the best bream i have pulled from the river.

I have been using unweighted plastics and many of my fish seem to be coming from casting to shallow edges, less than a foot

deep and twitching back over the edge.

Good to hear you got your fix bastik. :thumbup:

Softprawn. 9 bream are nothing to sneeze at! Where's the report?! :1yikes:

The info I've been getting from the Georges is that the bream are in very shallow water in great numbers.

I had a good mate tell me he caught around 60 bream of nice size all on surface lures 3 days ago.

Go & get 'em while they're there fellas!

Cheers,

Grant.

Good to hear they're bighting up your way. Are you finding fish close to very shallow areas or are you fishing deeper structures?

I was out Thurs for the run out on the Wonni and got 9 bream,

the best was 36cm the best bream i have pulled from the river.

I have been using unweighted plastics and many of my fish seem to be coming from casting to shallow edges, less than a foot

deep and twitching back over the edge.

Softprawn

I fish one of the creeks that hangs off the georges. This particular creek has the main running water channel hard up against one of the banks and this is actually the deepest part of the creek.

I actually walk in the middle of the creek up to my knees or so in water and cast right to the edge of the bank. The closer the better. Be prepared to loose some lures. No guts no glory. The bream are usually right on the banks edge holding water in the current. On a low tide fish also get caught in the larger pools and are there for the taking. Its almost like fishing for trout but in salt and for bream instead. I LOVE IT.

I havent tried soft plastics there because the current tends to run through pretty fast so i find i get a better action with the HB rather than the softs. I wander if they would take fly.

Has anyone ever caught bream on fly?

cheers

b

I ve caught plenty of bream on fly best was 43cm, in fact i am pretty new to this soft plastic game and it seems to have taken the place of the fly rod at the moment.

If you take the wand out make sure that the flies you use have plenty of movement around the hook point.

I find flies with moving tails get short takes, I make my own Crazie Charlies with a mylar body and rabbit fur wing on a short solid hook with plenty of gape. I would fish these around areas where i knew there would be fish, oyster covered rocks, under boats ect. Plenty of takes on the drop too, bream seam to hit flies much the same as SPs, so give them plenty of pauses.

Good Luck

I ve caught plenty of bream on fly best was 43cm, in fact i am pretty new to this soft plastic game and it seems to have taken the place of the fly rod at the moment.

If you take the wand out make sure that the flies you use have plenty of movement around the hook point.

I find flies with moving tails get short takes, I make my own Crazie Charlies with a mylar body and rabbit fur wing on a short solid hook with plenty of gape. I would fish these around areas where i knew there would be fish, oyster covered rocks, under boats ect. Plenty of takes on the drop too, bream seam to hit flies much the same as SPs, so give them plenty of pauses.

Good Luck

I can see a new toy coming on!!!