A Good Day Out

Piss'n'Broke

Greg hit the harbour at 10pm friday night and picked me up at Tunks on Saturday morning at 5am after chasing squid and yakkas. The squid were very fickle and all he got were 4 squid, and 1 cuttle, might you he did get a bucket full of yakkas. First stop in middle harbour, 2 squid down and 2 yakkas, after 10mins, I took a nice big run but was too slow. Seconds later gregs tynros goes of, nice, lunch,,,,, a 74cm kingy is boated. Stayed at this spot for another hour or 2 before finally my rod takes a hit, and small runs, up comes a nice lil 50-55cm jew, lunch and dinner :biggrin2: . Top of the tide by then we moved spots onto another Middle Harbour spot

Within secs of anchoring and throwing pillies cubed up over the side we had kingys everywhere around the boat, rats, legals, and some nice 70-80cm models. They wouldnt take a single bait, pillies unweighted,m squid, soft plastics, poppers, jiggs, NOTHING :ranting2: Decided by then our luck had run out so headed off, home by 1230 with the boat and fish cleaned in the fridge by 115pm.

Good day

Dan

We were fishing next to you, we were in my blue v nose punt the doin circles around your cube trail. Those kings wouldn't touch our yakka but a 63cm rat grabbed my mates bream gear with a 2 inch powerbait grub, crazy on light gear, I reckon that there has gotta be some jews holding up there from time to time. We pulled the hooks on a decent king at middle head on sun up. Not too much going on for us in middle harbour that day. Gonna hit it again Wednesday for a weekday bash.

Edited by iMick

Hi Dan,

We had a very similar experience Friday arvo/evening.

I hit MH with humesy and we found the kings but they just hung around under the boat darting out to look at our bait but no takers.

We moved on from the kings and set up for a shot at jews. About 2 hours into run out i landed a 55cm jew on a whole pillie. We didnt get another bite after that and headed home.

THE JEWS ARE A COMING.

Mike

That was me, that umbrella sure does beat having a bimini on a bass boat. Those kings were hard work, surprised they didn't hit a unweighted cube. I'll see if I can twist their arms on Wednesday. Nice to meet you too.