Minn Kota 55Lp Foot And Co Pilot Set Up

squidboy

Ok, here goes two questions to you experts out there. I have just bought a Minn Kota 55lp bow mount. Now the foot pedal has a switch on it with "MOM" and "CON" I read the whole manual and I cannot see what the two functions actually are for. I have also attached to this unit a Co pilot setup (Remote control)

In addition, with the co pilot unit that is bolted onto the electric motor, is it just left to the outside elements (the back part of the unit), seems a bit silly that it is open to saltwater and air is all.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.I might work it out before the main hull arrives, but until then I am not sleeping right :thumbup:

Ok, here goes two questions to you experts out there. I have just bought a Minn Kota 55lp bow mount. Now the foot pedal has a switch on it with "MOM" and "CON" I read the whole manual and I cannot see what the two functions actually are for. I have also attached to this unit a Co pilot setup (Remote control)

In addition, with the co pilot unit that is bolted onto the electric motor, is it just left to the outside elements (the back part of the unit), seems a bit silly that it is open to saltwater and air is all.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.I might work it out before the main hull arrives, but until then I am not sleeping right :thumbup:

Not a Kota owner but MOM is "momentary" and CON is "constant"....ie on/off or stay on. As for the electonics they may appear to be exposed but could be resin sealed inside. Never seen one so not too sure.

C.

hey mate, the "mom" is on all the time, it just means that you have to push your foot down on the foot pedal for it to work(also need the speed to be more than 0).

and the "con"is there when you want to keep still in the current or moving to a nearby spot while retying your leader..

hope this helps..stevo. :1fishing1:

Ok so the way I understand all three posts is like this:

When in "MOM' it is momentary, meaning that the foot control will only work with my foot on the motor on button.

When "CON" is on then it will keep the motor on by pushing the motor on button and releasing my foot to do other stuff.

So I would take it the remote will work on both modes?