Ship Scuttling @ Avoca

DGF

Hey guys now i'm sure most people already know HMAS adalaide is gonna be laid to rest at avoca beach and what not, but on the way home i noticed signs on all the poles on the side of the road with dodgy writing saying a "noship" website.

Out of curiosity i went to the site just now.. anyone know whats the go with this lot? all i know is they dont want the ship scuttling etc.. from what i can see looks like a group of hippies who really don't have any proof of anything :/ whats the go ?

edit: just wanted to know if they were legitimate or if it was a bunch of people trying to cause hassle thats all :)

Sorry if i offended anyone :D

Edited by DGF

understandable but what harm is it going to cause?

There is a lot that can happen , movemrnt of coastal sands may turn some beaches to gravel , any change in toxicities in marrine life be bad for rec fishers ,been a lot of work from the spin doctors to make it happen and seem a good thing ,but for who ,if you like fishing avoca make the most off it as with in 5 years from the Scultting you wont be fishing there if you dont start looking after it ,you will be able to dive there ,they have 20 good reason to close the platfoarm to fishing ,and we have one reasion to kepp it open we catch fish there ,that's not a good reasion to stop it happen ,we need to stop all this rubbish been left their by manly the night fishermen ,we need to keep the area clean and very safe ,dont use it as a toilet and dont clean your fish in the toilets ,dont camp there camp in a carvane park or stay in a motel,spend some money at the local shops, restrunts ,surf club .buy your bait up here ,fule ,ice ,put something back so we nave a Good reason to keep it as a fishing platfoarm .as when it becomes a dive platfoarm the divers will put alot back to the local area in the way of $ ,dont sleep under the clifs as there will be a death from falling rocks ,respect the area and the others that fish there ,

Edited by customcasting

Hey guys now i'm sure most people already know HMAS adalaide is gonna be laid to rest at avoca beach and what not, but on the way home i noticed signs on all the poles on the side of the road with dodgy writing saying a "noship" website.

Out of curiosity i went to the site just now.. anyone know whats the go with this lot? all i know is they dont want the ship scuttling etc.. from what i can see looks like a group of hippies who really don't have any proof of anything :/ whats the go ?

Oh no now I've been called a 'HIPPEE', as well as other things but never a 'HIPPEE'

Oh no now I've been called a 'HIPPEE', as well as other things but never a 'HIPPEE'

noo , i meant it like whats the go ? is it bunch of activists trying to cause a muck or is there reason behind it ? thats all i wanted to know :P

but ive gotten the answer and yeh i can see the bad in it too.

the other thing is why they ditching it so close to shore?

and customcasting, i agree there is a hell of a lot of mess left behind :/ and near the cliff face stinks of urine :/ i cant go near the cliff face because i'll puke :/ i had biscuit packets flying at me on sunday.

Edited by DGF

noo , i meant it like whats the go ? is it bunch of activists trying to cause a muck or is there reason behind it ? thats all i wanted to know :P

but ive gotten the answer and yeh i can see the bad in it too.

the other thing is why they ditching it so close to shore?

and customcasting, i agree there is a hell of a lot of mess left behind :/ and near the cliff face stinks of urine :/ i cant go near the cliff face because i'll puke :/ i had biscuit packets flying at me on sunday.

It was on the TV in Sydney the other night, the protesters are saying it's full of PCB's, the navy says it's the first ship built without them, tests were conducted by the contractors but went independent if you believe the action group. There vast majority of protesters were schoolgirls rather than hippies. Personally if you look at other wrecks on the coast I reckon it's too shallow and bits will break off and end up on the beach.