A Blowy Morning On The Hawksbury

fishtime

On Saturday afternoon I thought it time to take the father-in-law out for a fish again. Sunday weather looked to be fine from the forecast. Set off early from Brooklyn to run out and up to the heads.

Jeez there was a bt of a swell running. After a drift around Juno for a few bites but nothing solid, we pushed through to West Head. Tough time with the wind and could not get a decent drift, so we pulled back into the river near Patonga for a another drift. The wind was continuing to blow, maybe a little harder now, and after an hour or so we thought time to head back in.

As for the fish - pretty quite this time. I lost a few SP tails from some good runs, and managed only a 30cm flatty. The in-law managed a nice little keeper (43cm)on frozen prawn.

Better than mowing the lawn . . .

Cheers fishtime.

That about sums up my trips with the father in law on the hawkesbury. Lucky he is a great guy as he is a big fish repellant. Especially on the HR. At Least u get along as most don't. I've been hitting syd harbour with mine and been doing ok. Good luck next time. Cheers Andrew