Nepean Bass After Work

ARP1980

Haven't posted for a while but haven't seen many bass posts recently either so I thought i'd add one from a short session yesterday.

Hit the nepean yesterday with two mates straight after work and we managed a few good sized bass between 30cm and 38cm on Jackall Tn 50s, River2Sea baby cranks and Viking talisman in purple. The fish appeared to be in excellent health/condition. Was happy to see the water levels and clarity had improved aswell following recent rains.

Here's a couple of snaps

post-6111-126819360663_thumb.jpg

post-6111-12681936182_thumb.jpg

post-6111-126819363497_thumb.jpg

Well done.

I was down there last friday and noticed how much better it is after the rain.

Haven't had my yak down there though.

How do you find it in that part of the river with all of the boats?

Well done.

I was down there last friday and noticed how much better it is after the rain.

Haven't had my yak down there though.

How do you find it in that part of the river with all of the boats?

We were the only ones out there yesterday. Must have picked a good day!

It is excellent to see a post about bass fishing. I am very envious of you...I am hoping to have a bass session in a couple of weeks time when I travel up to the Hunter Valley (Lake St Clair). I have never tried the Nepean River with a boat or a canoe....can you use a boat in the area you were fishing?

The first pic is under the M4 over pass ??

You can go further upstream towards the dam (Warragamba) with nice little nooks and crannies to fish BassCatcher. ( sussed this out )

I personally have never fished it before, but have taken a friends boat up there ( testing his motor and was "VERY" observant :biggrin2: ) never headed down stream as most of the ski boat's hang there ( Wish Waterways would police this more often.... :ranting2: actually, have never seen them down there )

Might be heading down there early Sunday morning for an attempt at Bass fishing ( :wife: permitting ) as i have been reading up on it ( Bass Fishing ) and have started a little collection of Bass lures and think it would be a great fishing fix if i really couldn't be bothered travelling the 1 to 1.5 hours to get to salty waters :thumbup:

CHeeRS

Ant

It is excellent to see a post about bass fishing. I am very envious of you...I am hoping to have a bass session in a couple of weeks time when I travel up to the Hunter Valley (Lake St Clair). I have never tried the Nepean River with a boat or a canoe....can you use a boat in the area you were fishing?

Yeah you can, i've seen tinnies before there and on the sounder I was seeing average depths of around 10m, but i'm not sure where they launch.

Good luck at St Clair. Would love to fish there one day. It holds some big bass from what I've heard...

Nice bass, I've had a couple of sessions up that way myself. Numbers seem to be down after the rain, but the fish are in good condition.

Have you fished a lot this season, how have you found the fishing in general?

Nice bass, I've had a couple of sessions up that way myself. Numbers seem to be down after the rain, but the fish are in good condition.

Have you fished a lot this season, how have you found the fishing in general?

I have fished quite a bit this season and found the general size of the bass to be alot smaller than in past seasons for some reason? This might be a good thing though as it means the smaller fish are getting upstream and negotiating the weirs. Hopefully in the next couple of seasons there will be more big boppas.

Here's a couple from the last couple of trips:

post-6111-126822426986_thumb.jpg

post-6111-126822428564_thumb.jpg

post-6111-126822430289_thumb.jpg

post-6111-126822431269_thumb.jpg

Edited by ARP1980

With all the weirs being upgraded I don't think the bigger fish had a chance of making it up the system. Hopefully with all the upgrades and rain at the right time we will see bigger fish mixing it with the smaller ones next season.