St Georges Basin Help!

adkel53

This Easter I am spending a few days at Sanctuary Point on St Georges Basin. I have done a lot of rock and beach work around there in the past. I'm more interested in lure fishing from my boat these days. Have not fished The Basin at all and am wondering if anyone can give me a few tips on the general areas to target for lizards/bream/whiting (and anything else that swims!!)and the lures that I should be using. I'll be launching at Sanctuary Point but will be able to motor down towards Sussex Inlet without any worries (assuming the southerlies are not blowing!). Any assistance gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kel

I will be down there at easter as well staying at Sanctuary Point

Not sure if I will take my boat down as my mate Neil who I fish tournies with lives there and we fish out of his boat or another mates boat who also lives down there

You dont need to go far from the ramp as Erowal Bay fishes well

The shallow water around the mouth of Cockrow creek is good for surface lureing and the deeper water out from the pole straight out from the ramp is good using blades or SPs

I should be out on the water most days except for easter sunday where I will probably be at the Nowra races Look for a blue and white skeeter called Onagain and come and say Gday