Sustain Or Twin Power

secondnature

I am looking at purchasing either a Shimano Twin Power 2500 or Sustain 2500 for bream fishing, but don't know which is the better reel.

I have done some research on the net and found out bugger all.

I have checked both of them out at a tackle shop but can't come to any conclusion.

Everyone seams to have an opinion but i am after facts, they seam to have very little between them so i am asking anybody who knows which is the better reel Twin Power or Sustain and whats the difference between the two ?

Feral Fish

post-11909-126838675766_thumb.jpg

post-11909-126838695955_thumb.jpg

Edited by Feral Fish

mate if your getting a workhorse of a real around the twinpower/sustain price range solely for breaming may i reccomend getting a 1000 size reel...

if your after big flathead and the odd snapper or schoolie too then maybe 2500 is better.

the smaller the reel = lighter weight = better for finess fishing such as breaming.

just my 2 cents though.

Hey Mate,

I have a lot of respect for the shimano sustain after watching this youtube clip of a guy catching a sailfish on a 3000 size Sustain :1yikes: .

Also have heard good things about Twinpower apparently its like a tuned down stella, but I may be wrong.

mate if your getting a workhorse of a real around the twinpower/sustain price range solely for breaming may i reccomend getting a 1000 size reel...

if your after big flathead and the odd snapper or schoolie too then maybe 2500 is better.

the smaller the reel = lighter weight = better for finess fishing such as breaming.

just my 2 cents though.

thanks mate already have 4 reels in the 1000 size loaded with 2kg. but good point

cheers

I am looking at purchasing either a Shimano Twin Power 2500 or Sustain 2500 for bream fishing, but don't know which is the better reel.

I have done some research on the net and found out bugger all.

I have checked both of them out at a tackle shop but can't come to any conclusion.

Everyone seams to have an opinion but i am after facts, they seam to have very little between them so i am asking anybody who knows which is the better reel Twin Power or Sustain and whats the difference between the two ? Feral Fish

Well people i have made a decission after many sleepless nights i purchased the sustain. To update those who are interested in this topic, I emailed shimano and all hey could tell me is their is a split hair between the two reels (whatever that means). This is the facts on what is the difference between the two, the Twin power comes out of Japan the Sustain comes out of Malayasia. The retreive speed on the twin power in 5.0 to 1 the sustain is 6.0 to 1 (same as the stella) and the handles are different. thats it they are both smooth as a babies bum and have the same features and the same amount of bearing. neither is a tuned down stella (this would be the soare as it is about $150 cheaper than a stella). So in conclusion it comes down to personal choice, but i figured that the 6 to 1 retreive speed was better for flicking lures. The difference in cost would be due to the different exchange rates as they come out of different countries (In my opinion)