Avoca Lure Fishing :)

DGF

Went to avoca both saturday and sunday bumped in to RayR on both days :) was very quiet on both days saturday only managed one frigate on a plastic squid + float as popper, sunday saw the black fish were playing around tried to get some of them on some weed while i waited for any sign of bonito's only got one happy moments which i chucked back, then when ray came along i managed to get a fatty mack tuna was fun first mack tuna ever :) he died from being whacked on the rocks because it was going banana's havn a fit when i brought it up, kept it for bait for another time .. no action for an hr or so and ray decided to go home as he was walking off i got a 53cm bonito :) using same method plastic squid + float after that was dead so i left n went home with at least one fish to feed on :P

PB Mack tuna

25373_1395440530465_1365758966_1110007_2327973_n.jpg

Nice Mack! There's been a few around of late. And don't they sound like an outboard going 300mph when they're outta water!!!

I've all but given up on using bait since December. I also rarely fish Avo anymore either (for my own reasons). The only time I use bait on the rocks now is livebaiting or the occasion pilly-toss when I'm out early waiting for first light... Couple of quick tailor before spinning never hurts!

haha yeah was like it was having a fit it actually killed it self from banging its head so much i cut it up n salted it for next time :P might try somewhere closer to home for a jewie :P

yep that be a mack tuna, RayR can confirm :P he seen the catch at first i thought was anohter frigate those buggers all look the same to me ><

oh and it seems that they like the pink squid skirts and bonny's like the white as the minute i swaped to white i got me the bonny but on the pink i was only getting frigates the day earlier and this mack tuna

Edited by DGF

yep that be a mack tuna, RayR can confirm :P he seen the catch at first i thought was anohter frigate those buggers all look the same to me ><

oh and it seems that they like the pink squid skirts and bonny's like the white as the minute i swaped to white i got me the bonny but on the pink i was only getting frigates the day earlier and this mack tuna

Pink Rapala lures i was using in hinchinbrook last year caught the most Barra and everyother species mate........everyone loves pink bits :1naughty: even the fish :1punk:

Pink Rapala lures i was using in hinchinbrook last year caught the most Barra and everyother species mate........everyone loves pink bits :1naughty: even the fish :1punk:

hahhaa ivz

where is hinchinbrook i want barra now too :P