Hawkesbury 14Th March

Had a good day Sunday, fished big section of the river from Palm beach to Berowra. Early

morning had a quick troll along West Head and got a small bonito. Next fish was a Watsons

Leaping Bonito, which is a first for me, briliant colours and decent set of choppers!

Breamin was my main game though so headed over to what Greg Lee recently desribed in a post

as the "bream Carpark" on the Palm Beach flats. Even though this is a popular spot I had not fished it

before so took a while to find a groove. Luckily the way Rich P and I had fished Botany Bays flats worked here

as well. A few sub legal bream and a 27cm fork length came quickly on plastics. But the big bream

were not playing. The highlight was hooking 2 big silver trevally 49 and 48cm to tail. They came

home and are tonights dinner. Started loosing baits and hooks to Jackets so took off upriver. Bashed

the banks flats and racks for a few fish but the flats were a numbers game. I was catching a lot of

bream in front of a family in a house boat. Even though all bar 2 of the fish were of small size

they motored up the edge of the flat throw out the anchor and baited up there ****** combos with

pillies on gang hooks. I left them too it. Got 2 Flatties of 42 and 55cm and they also on the menu.

Sorry no pics again but at least I measured them this time.

Cheers Gibbo