Fishing Middle Harbour

cameldownunder

Hi

I often go to fish with my son(5) on a Sunday, but only after breakfast, so that we hit the water only towards 10Am

Reading the reports, it seems to me that most of you are getting out there much earlier.

Also I don't want to venture to the heads when it is not more then flat, so for the upcoming Sunday Middle harbour is planned.

Questions now are:

Is there any chance to get Kingies, in middle Harbour, after 10Am? It would be a phenomenal Experience for him, even if just rats

If yes, where should I give it a try, and how (Burly burly Burly and life bait?)

I always see a lot of boats on the Left side, from Roseville, before the turn to the spit bridge. I've once seen the purple long boat

there too, catching Kings. Is that the general area for Kings? Any chance at 10Am or too many boats zipping past at that time?

Otherwise, if not, what are the fish that I should give it a go at that time? and where?

Taylors? Tuna? Flatheads? Bream? LJs? Flounder? Nothing?

Any help/hint is really apreciated.

Dont need GPS coords, as i have no GPS. :biggrin2:, general locations are ok.

G'day Camel

What I have found when taking my son fishing, it's not the size of fish but how many....

Consistant fishing is better for short attention spans than a couple of fish in a day.

They love catching the bait! Hit the live bait grounds and get some yellowtail on hand lines, just remember to get some SMALL long shanks, they are pretty small at the moment. Good to put out one on surface and one down deep while you fish other rods with dead baits.

Once the traffic is up look for some flats at the end of bays and fish light for bream and flatties or even target gars on the weedbeds up in Sugarloaf. Just keep it small light and simple with a good stream of burley and you both should get a bend in the rod.

Good luck

Greg

yes it is possible to get kings after 10am and if you want i can direct you to a decent spot that will be able to produce some rats and some fairly decent kings as well.

and you will still be able to play with other fish while waiting for them

best thing is to burley up heaps and also live yakka/squid work very well but they can get picked up on SP's and metals too!

below a small map

84258643.jpg

HOPE THIS HELPS

Regards

Aaron

Edited by DGF

G'day Camel

What I have found when taking my son fishing, it's not the size of fish but how many....

Consistant fishing is better for short attention spans than a couple of fish in a day.

Greg

Thanks for the hints

Thing is that he already caught an at least 50cm shovelnose and a 30cm bream

And I've been probably been talking too much about kingfish, and that's what he wants,

but if I get told that there is no chance for Kings then we will go for smaller but more

Thanks Aaron

Fantastic how you made the (google) map.

We've been fishing the Spit (attached to one of the buoys just after the spit, going out ), not catching much, but we were not burlying either.

If you say its good, we'll give it a try again (with a 2KG Pilchard Block - that keeps him entertained too)

Thanks Aaron

Fantastic how you made the (google) map.

We've been fishing the Spit (attached to one of the buoys just after the spit, going out ), not catching much, but we were not burlying either.

If you say its good, we'll give it a try again (with a 2KG Pilchard Block - that keeps him entertained too)

yeh its not too bad for them fresh/live squid work a treat there but yeh around the moorings and the bridge its self should be able to pick some up + alot of thumper bream around and jews on the bottom near the moorings too (according to what i've been told)

Middle head has a fair few rats tailor sambo's bream snapper etc..

Oh and your welcome mate :) i know im spose to take you out to chase them one weekend just gotta organize my blueslip for my trailer n ill shoot u a pm to take you as well

Edited by DGF

They love catching the bait! Hit the live bait grounds and get some yellowtail on hand lines, just remember to get some SMALL long shanks, they are pretty small at the moment. Good to put out one on surface and one down deep while you fish other rods with dead baits....

Good luck

Greg

How good is this surface yakka advice from Greg ay if you were to drop one back about 200 yds just outside the line of mooored boats in Pittwater just before sunrise as you slow down to anchor. Tell you what Greg I reckon that surface yellowtail would get hit pretty hard too if it's just left to struggle on the surface well back from the boat. Good one mate :thumbup: .. How long would a live garfish last down deep around the moorings at wobby on the stillwater ay if you get hold of one that is.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

How good is this surface yakka advice from Greg ay if you were to drop one back about 200 yds just outside the line of mooored boats in Pittwater just before sunrise as you slow down to anchor. Tell you what Greg I reckon that surface yellowtail would get hit pretty hard too if it's just left to struggle on the surface well back from the boat. Good one mate :thumbup: .. How long would a live garfish last down deep around the moorings at wobby on the stillwater ay if you get hold of one that is.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Jewgaffer

I was out Monday drifting for some flatties over in North Harbour and we had a live yakka out pinned just in the nose with a fine wire 3/0 sitting 30m out the back. Ended up catching more kings than flatties and at the time we had 3 rods set on the bottom and only 1 on the surface!

It's been a very long time since I went bait fishing, gee it was a blast with consistant hook ups and some nice fillets for the pan to!

A very effective method and a rod that can be casted out and left till it starts screaming or a bloody squid eats it! :ranting2:

Cheers

Greg