New Harbour Gear

disturb3d

Hi Guys,

On Monday morning I woke up to some my car being broken into. The scum bags took

- My wife's old iphone

- DVD's

- My new Stradic C14, Pfluger Trion rod

- Shimano Seido 10000

- an old smelly t-shirt

Being all depressed and annoyed :ranting2: , my wife gave me the ok to buy some new gear (cosidering the Stradic C14 was unused - in the box). Unfortunately she didn't say how much :yahoo:

Yesterday after getting the fingerprints from the car I went around to a couple of fishing shops and bought some new gear

- Shimano Twin power FC 6000

- Shimano Stradic c14 2500

- Finor Ahab 20-50lb

Being the best wife in the world, she gave me the thumbs up to go on a fishing charter with a fellow raider (STYLO). Hopefully i'll be able to hook up a monster this saturday

Well some scum tries selling you any of the stolen items (including the old smelly shirt :biggrin2: ) please let me know.

Cheers

Mark

Sorry to hear that mate.The old saying goes "out of sight out of mind" dont give them the opportunity.Good luck with the charter

Funny thing was, nothing was in sight, all the fishing gear was in my boot and the phone was in the centre console. I've learned my lesson the hard way though.

Funny thing was, nothing was in sight, all the fishing gear was in my boot and the phone was in the centre console. I've learned my lesson the hard way though.

I had the cowl stolen off my outboard 5 days after i bought it... I feel your pain. Moved into secure storage now and had insurance replace the cowl... still don't have my faith in society restored.

Sorry to hear the bad news - yoiiu sghould ring your insurance company - could be covered under 'home & contents'

Tan

Cheers Tan, I've called my car insurance company and basically i can only claim 500 dollars worth.. but get this, there is also a $500 excess...

I'll double check home and contents to see if its covered.

Cheers

man that sucks :( im always worried about leaving my gear in the car but i still bring them with me everywhere, at home however its guarded by my dogs :P

Yeah if my dog was still around, she'd be going crazy (German/Doberman).. She passed away on new years day when she ran away (cause of fireworks) and got hit by a car.

But yeah, i have everything locked up now...i don't leave anything valuable in my car.

Yeah if my dog was still around, she'd be going crazy (German/Doberman).. She passed away on new years day when she ran away (cause of fireworks) and got hit by a car.

But yeah, i have everything locked up now...i don't leave anything valuable in my car.

Sorry to hear about the gear, and even more so for the dog! My old Shepherd hated the fireworks too; jumped through a pane of glass once out of fear :1yikes: She too managed to get out of the yard and hit by a car. Would love to hear some feedback on the c14 when you've given it a proper workout - the colour scheme would suit my Diablo dropshot perfectly :biggrin2: Perhaps check the local pawn brokers?

Cheers,

Adam.

Hey Guys,

Gave the twin power/fin-nor ahab combo a whirl today on a charter and i must admit that the combo exceeded my expectations. Today we pulled caught 40+ dollies with some throwbacks. The biggest one i caught went 103cm on the mat. I brought the cI4 combo aswell but to chicken shit to use it when we chased the dollies.. Just used it for Yakka catching.

• 1 month later...