Quick Flick

brooker boy

hello raiders went out 2 have a quick flick for some squid so i headed down to gymea bay baths i got that 6pm i mangaed to land one within 10 mins but went quiet after that .

just also wondering if anyone has some info on the baths like what part of the wharf is best also best time n colour n size jig

Jig size i definitely prefer the smaller jigs, 1.8 or smaller, colours... i haven't worked out any particular winners, watever you feel like, just change colours if you aren't getting follows or hits. If i wasn't getting hits or follows, first thing i would change is my retrieve, followed by jig size/weight and then colour.

I have gotten squid at all times of the day, from morning, midday to night. However at night i find there is usually too many people so i prefer to go at late arvo/early evening if i am specifically targetting them.

My approach at night is different to during the day however, when there is more light, the squid like to be in the slightly deeper water, at night however, they move right up to the <1.5m shallows so target your casts accordingly. If you pay attention you can see the squid that sometimes venture into the lighted up area at night, usually small candy bar sized arrows but sometimes large 20cm+ calamari and arrows. The larger ones like to hunt around the lit up areas but they stick around the edges in the shadows. Now that the nets are down, bigger squid as well as the small ones are inside the actual baths against the weedy shoreline. Lately i have been getting them all there, along the dropoff next to the weed. Even though they are in close at night time, make longer casts and bring the lure back towards your target area.

hey monch i used a 2 size jig in pink colour and i got one but after that nothing also does it matter that the water glassed over and there was no wind????

I still haven't worked out if that affects the squidding much. I have gotten squid in all conditions, some that people have theorised does not help the squidding. I have fished in light rain, heavy winds, murky water after hard rains, etc, all of these are meant to put the squid off, maybe i was just lucky. I do like fishing in pleasant conditions though, and because i like it, i fish more often in pleasant conditions and catch more squid.

Have you seen japanese squidding videos? you can learn a whole new approach to squidding from them. The japanese like to target relatively shallow water with flashy jigs and jig them fairly erratically and quick. This technique has worked for me many times when the slow hops have not worked.

I still haven't worked out if that affects the squidding much. I have gotten squid in all conditions, some that people have theorised does not help the squidding. I have fished in light rain, heavy winds, murky water after hard rains, etc, all of these are meant to put the squid off, maybe i was just lucky. I do like fishing in pleasant conditions though, and because i like it, i fish more often in pleasant conditions and catch more squid.

Have you seen japanese squidding videos? you can learn a whole new approach to squidding from them. The japanese like to target relatively shallow water with flashy jigs and jig them fairly erratically and quick. This technique has worked for me many times when the slow hops have not worked.

what are the videos under and wat website is it on monch??????