Hawksburry Tomorrow

Jono Hammond

Hey Everybody

I regularly fish the hawksburry from bar point to pittwater, what i was wondering was whether its worth fishing the upper reaches - mainly around berowra at the moment with all this rain - or does the rain stuff the fishing for everything other than the catties.

I'm in two minds whether to launch at berowra or mooney ramps - i normally go to mooney but am taking some kids out and thought the shorter drive to the ramp would be better as i am going later and pennant hills road is going to be a shocker.

Any advice is appreciated

Jono

does the rain stuff the fishing for everything other than the catties.

YES

I'm in two minds whether to launch at berowra or mooney ramps - i normally go to mooney but am taking some kids out and thought the shorter drive to the ramp would be better as i am going later and pennant hills road is going to be a shocker.

Take them to a movie mate - tomorrow wont be worth the effort!

Edited by tan the fisherman

Guest Aussie007

go out and give it a crack u never know tomorrow might be a great day look at this afternoon the rain and wind stopped and the sun was out! im thinking about heading to the hawkesbury my self

mate i beg the differ to this point. as far as iv heard that fishing in the hewksbury while raining

that your not going to get hooked up is a mith. also i just checked a local hawksbury river fishing charter report

for the hawksbury. on the report was theres heaps of different fish on the byte samson, bonnies, friget mackrell

big tailor, big flatties, travally. this is the mouth of broken bay and the hawksbury.

all so on the report was said that this costomer said that citres smells put fish off the byte and wd40 so he grabbed it and tested it for him self and pulled in a samson fish, so he said think outside the box.

me mate i wouldnt miss it for the life of me mate

Ive been fishing berowra every weekend for the past few weeks, the first time we only caught 8 undersize tailor, 1 undersize flattie and 1 undersize bream. The weekend after i went out and fished for 8 hours and we didnt get a bite the whole time moving around to different spots drifting and anchored and only hooked 1 undersize tailor, the 3 of us were all using different setups and different baits. It seems pretty dead at berowra even some other boaties at the ramp said it every time i have been. Maybe give it a go at night if your really keen.

Edited by defyet

Mate give it a go what can you lose, top little flattie spot but haven't been for quite awhile

was a hundred meters or so seaward to the jetty in Pittwater thinking is very close to the restricted

zone their now great in a low swell for a drift and should be good if the rain pushing the fish out

Guest Aussie007

i just got back from apple tree bay (hawkesbury) downrigged yakkas and tossed out a rapala lure there were fish about just not on the bite :thumbdown:

Well we headed out at about 9 at berowra waters which was empty so that was awesome, the weather could not have been a nicer day, tried drifting a bit for nothing so i anchored up at a hole i know of and burleyed up and managed to get the boys onto plenty of chopper tailer. Hardly any catfish which was tops and the kids were happy as they were catching fish- had 3 big hookups all of which spat the hooks on striking.

Home by 2 and am heading out tomorrow as well - TOPS!!! (no kids tomorrow so have to catch something decent now)

Well what an awesome day

Flounder 3

Flathead about 15

Wrasse 1

Eel 1

Shark 1

Mowie 1

Jewfish 1

Whiting 1

In fact not just any jewie but my FIRST JEWIE EVER - so happy even though it only went 43cm.

All in all it was a very nice day on the water.

Launched at mooney pt at around 6 and headed down to the mouth of pittwater to drift up some flatties, after that moved to barrenjoey for nil so decided to try lion island around the back where we picked up a variety of reef species. Got sick of the swell and wind so headed up past the ramp to the back of milson island where we drifted up a Jewie and another flattie.

Hope you all had as good a day as i did - i can't believe how much of a mixed bag it was today.

Glad to hear it wasn't a waste of time Jon. :thumbup:

Sounds like a nice mixed bag & a fun session.

So there you go. Just go for a fish & see how it pans out. Many "experts" have been wrong in their opinion before & will be again. Nothing beats a good or bad days fishing! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Glad to hear it wasn't a waste of time Jon. :thumbup:

Sounds like a nice mixed bag & a fun session.

So there you go. Just go for a fish & see how it pans out. Many "experts" have been wrong in their opinion before & will be again. Nothing beats a good or bad days fishing! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

I couldn't agree more mate, you can never learn to much or not enough

awesome catch jon well done

Yep, don't trust the weatherman...

It's now 1am and I've decided to go for an early morn spin.... Alarm set to go off in 4 hours. :ranting2:

Just remember, you can't catch a fish without a line in the water!