Sqidding Around Cronulla

bunney10

Happy Easter Fishraiders

Does anyone know of a good landbased spot to catch squid around the Cronulla area, i want to treat the kids to a fish this weekend and sqid would be good fun for me and them,

Thank All

Steve

Guest Aussie007

the best spot in cronulla would have to be the sailing club/ferry wharf before they installed lights when i first squided there i was over on the sailing clubs wharf 6 cast i had 5 large 20-30cm squids shortly after they installed lights on the ferry wharf and now it gets packed with people and we have been harrased by police twice there so we no longer go there u can try a little down the channel theres a life rescue place there with a wharf and a orange light u can pick up squid most nights and its not uncommon to see whopper port hacking squid there lurking the shallows but again it does get packed and its only a small wharf another wharf to squid is just down the road wallys wharf squid off the left of the wharf towards the closest moored boat let the jig sink to near the bottom u will catch alot of squid here but its a well known spot so be early or miss out on a spot as this also gets packed

the best spot in cronulla would have to be the sailing club/ferry wharf before they installed lights when i first squided there i was over on the sailing clubs wharf 6 cast i had 5 large 20-30cm squids shortly after they installed lights on the ferry wharf and now it gets packed with people and we have been harrased by police twice there so we no longer go there u can try a little down the channel theres a life rescue place there with a wharf and a orange light u can pick up squid most nights and its not uncommon to see whopper port hacking squid there lurking the shallows but again it does get packed and its only a small wharf another wharf to squid is just down the road wallys wharf squid off the left of the wharf towards the closest moored boat let the jig sink to near the bottom u will catch alot of squid here but its a well known spot so be early or miss out on a spot as this also gets packed

Thanks for the top info Gazza very much appreciated mate ,

Tight lines buddy

Steve

Guest Aussie007

the ferry wharf i mentioned is about 50-100m to the right of gunnamatta baths u will see the wharf all lit up

mate i have had luck with squid in the day all around the esplanade walk way just walk up and down and you should be in with a very good chance i have only been there 2 or 3 times but each time going home with a feed of slat n pepper squid :biggrin2:

mate i have had luck with squid in the day all around the esplanade walk way just walk up and down and you should be in with a very good chance i have only been there 2 or 3 times but each time going home with a feed of slat n pepper squid :biggrin2:

Cheers Nautica, im hoping to get down there tonight if all goes to plan, again thanks for the great heads up

Cheers buddy

Steve

• 4 years later...