Good Day On The Harbour

Piss'n'Broke

Hey All

Greg picked me up this morning from Tunks at 5.40am after squidding for many a hours for only 4 squid :1badmood: . Got the usual fall back dozen yakkas as a just incase then ventured straight into the main harbour.

Within minutes of anchoring Greg was onto a salmon that took a yakka, not a good sign when we are chasing kings after hearing good reports. Finally after a hour and 2 salmon (55-65cm), Gregs tyrnos took off with 1/2 a big southern head on, i that a bagged the week before. Up comes a nice 72cm king, straight into the esky for the relatives. Soon after my tld starts screaming, 50metres of line gone before I even cleared it from the rod holder, a few lucky wraps around the anchor and away I went. Nearly 8mins later a 101-103cm kingy hit the floor of the boat, my new PB :thumbup::yahoo: .

The bite continued hot till mid morning when it went dead quiet.

Final tally, 4 legal kingys landed, all 70cm plus including my new PB, 2 salmon, 2 bustoffs, and pulled hooks on a few more.

Will post pics when I figure out how to get them off my phone.

Dan

Good effort with the 1 meter king! If you dont mind saying, where about in middle harbor did you find the kings. Went out on saturday and tried the usual spots with yackas and had no luck.

Good effort with the 1 meter king! If you dont mind saying, where about in middle harbor did you find the kings. Went out on saturday and tried the usual spots with yackas and had no luck.

We were in the main harbour mate. The kings in middle harbour are very picky at the moment, but are holding in the usual places. But hard to tease into a strike

Hey Twin 1.

Tunks is done, and its a massive improvement.

The 3 fish in this are a 69cm, a 72, and my PB. The sticker under the fish really illustrates the size of the fish, pity it was taken on my mobile.

Dan

post-2246-127053427198_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan and Greg

We were in the main harbour mate. The kings in middle harbour are very picky at the moment, but are holding in the usual places. But hard to tease into a strike

Hey Twin 1.

Tunks is done, and its a massive improvement.

The 3 fish in this are a 69cm, a 72, and my PB. The sticker under the fish really illustrates the size of the fish, pity it was taken on my mobile.

Dan

hi guys,

Enjoyed watching you wrestle that 1m kingy to the boat...i honestly thought he had done you in his first run which was brutal!! we managed to get some nice fish at another spot, one in the 90s..

the photo doesn't do your king justice....it was a great looking fish

Cheers,

brent (galey)

Hey Brent

Yeah it was a great day out :biggrin2: . Watching me trying to wrestle the rod out of the holder,,,, and that initial run was a monster, thought I was gonna be done badly especially after all the line it took, and wrapping me on the anchor.

Good to hear you got into some good kings, they continued to flow throu there all morning

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg

Hey Brent

Yeah it was a great day out :biggrin2: . Watching me trying to wrestle the rod out of the holder,,,, and that initial run was a monster, thought I was gonna be done badly especially after all the line it took, and wrapping me on the anchor.

Good to hear you got into some good kings, they continued to flow throu there all morning

Dan

Great to see you guys handle those kings.I hooked up a few and landed an 80cm king and a smaller one-and lost 4 big ones,all on fly.One of those was at the boat.If I had known what was going to happen,I would have brought the big flygear

and used 60lb leader instead of 25lb.It all bodes well for the future.

Cheers Mark.

Hey Mark, good to see you got into them, dunno how you do it on fly gear :1yikes::thumbup: . Greg uses uses 40lb leader, whereas I ran leader anywhere from 40-80lb depending upon the structre.

These fish all cam from north of the bridge, and on freshly caught squid.

Dan

Nice session guys.

The kings just keep on getting bigger.

Agree about MH. Have no problem locating them but spend most of the time just looking at them feeding in my burly trail and scoffing chunks. Managed to land one on light gear on Friday and a bonito and some trevs. Had a few bust offs as well so always good fun.

Cheers