1St Marlin Back In Sydney

After bringing the boat back from Port Stephens I have had a few days off to spend with the family and friends over Easter. My mate Buster was itching to get out on monday and with the conditions looking good we decided to head out to troll some lures. It was just the two of us and after catching plenty of dolphin fish we headed further east. In 75 fathoms we had a srtike on the long rigger and the hook set beautifully with Buster on the rod whilst i observed from the flybridge. A solid fish of around 85kg gave us a great fight with me running up and down the ladder trying to drive the boat and leader the fish at the same time. After half an hour we had him swimming along side with the medium lumo sprocket removed, tag in and released to catch another day. (sorry no pictures today it was a bit hectic with just the two of us)

If anyone is interested in a charter let me know.

Cheers Mike

Nice one Mike and great to hear they are still around locally.

We fished with Freedom on his last day up at Port on Monday down at the Car Park for a few little stripes. Stacks of bait around and plenty of soundings so it really was only a matter of time till ya got bit! Great fishing indeed....

Greg