Joined The Flavour Of The Week

woodch0p

Hey everyone,

After reading the posts everyone has been posting on whiting, I decided to give it a crack. Havent targeted whiting for some years now (last time i can remember was in 2004 at Port Maquarie) and thought it would be a nice change from the usual blackies I target. Arived at Brighton at 6am, fished the baths til 8ish for zilch, decided to move around to Ramsgate, after about 10mins had my first hit, hooked it solid and a nice 32cm whiting is landed... I was cheering at this stage as after the first to hours I thought my luck was out. Rebaited and threw out again. Bumped into a fellow raider ~insert name~ (sorry buddy I'm crap with names! hope you read this and remember!) and had a bit of a yarn, found out he to was down there after reading the recent posts. Started to wind in my line to check my bait, and felt a bit of weight on the end. Damn I've caught some weeds... wait a minute... its moving! I thought at first it was a flathead with the weight of it, but as it got closer realised it was a thumper whiting. Ended up 47cm's (1cm short of the bait record :ranting2: ) Ended up going very quite after that, was going to try under captain cook bridge but a bit to windy, so decided to head home and try again tomorrow. Mum will be stoked as it is her favorite table fish.

Here's the fish, all caught on bloodworms.

post-8375-127071524881_thumb.jpg

Hey WoodChop, (Daniel, I think) Yeah that was me, Csaba (Chubba). I stayed around the area for a while then headed down to Captain Cooks bridge, (absolutely packed, and some people just tossing lines across others) I left, went to Bare Island around 4pm, stayed for a bit until the rain. I got a decent flathead at Brighton, but nothing else.

If you ever want to head fishing, let me know I gladly join you.

Congrats on that large fish.

Hey guys thanks for the replies,

It was nice meeting you chubba, good work on the flattie, did you get it on plastics or pilchards? You should have taken me up on the offer to use some worms, maybe it would be you posting the elbow slapper! Oh well I love your determination to stick to your guns, bet the wife was happy with the flattie. I didn't end up heading to the island, bout to head back to ramsgate now for a few more whiting, and then maybe the island. Hope I score another whopper, 2cm more and I'll be happy (got my eyes set on the record!)

Regards

Daniel