On The Market For A New Sounder/gps

Little Hooker

Hello fisho,

My ealge 642 combo jus shit it self so it has forced me to buy something newer.. :biggrin2: . Ive done abit of research and what catches my eye is the lowrance hd-s range. my heart is setted on the HD-S 8!

Does anyone wanted to talk me out of this purchase?? :1prop:

Give Huey a call or send him a message on here.

I'm sure he will steer you in the right direction and give you plenty of advice!

HUETT MARINE CENTRE

1131 Pacific Hwy

Cowan NSW 2081

www.huettmarine.com.au

Email: craig@huettmarine.com.au

Phone: (02) 9456 1444

Trading Hours

Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm

Saturday 8.30am to 3pm

Sunday closed

CHeeRS

Antun

Ive got a freind goin to the states on monday so if i can get my funds together he will bring it back for me. Save like 100 bucks on postage :)

Well at this stage i fish alot along the heads/coast with abit of fishin inside the harbour/bay. But this winter im definitely be headin off shore ( peak , 12mile and futher).

Do you think the HD-S 5 and 7 work better in swallower waters then the 8 and 10?? Im jus goin to use the map i brought with the eagle which is the navionics gold LX9.

Edited by Little Hooker

It's really screen size but bigger is better to read the screens clearer.

If there is a budget your better off with a smaller screen and a bigger transducer, at least a 1kw for reading deep water.

Furuno Nav Net 3D is the other option to look at in deep water gear that's in a combo unit.

Greg

Edited by GregL

Just spoke to craig from huett marine and boy has he change my view on sounder combos :wacko:

Always heard of the raymarine and furuno were the top of the packed and after doin abit of research im think ill be headin down that path.

My top 3 are the: Furuno GP7000F

Raymarine A70D or the Raymarine C80.

Craig is doin a good price on his display model which is hard to pass by but looking on some U.S site its even more hard to turn a eye on. Furuno is the most expensive out of the pact but from what craig says it be like drivin a ferrari compare to my (hyundai excel/eagle 642 combo). And who doesnt like to drive a ferrari once in there life :biggrin2:

Anyone with input with any of these brands/models above like performance, user-bility or anything in general, it be greatly appreciated.

cheers LH