What Are Fellow Raiders Up To This Weekend

Anroco

With the weekend only hours away :biggrin2: what are we all up to??

I'm sure alot of us will be hitting the water on Sunday 11-04-2010 for the PIRTEK FISHING CHALLENGE, raising money for a GREAT CAUSE, :thumbup: but what will the target species be ????? :huh:

Saturday will see sunrise @ 06:13 and Sunset at 17:39, with the 1st high tide being at 05:22am with a tide of 1.42m and 2nd high tide being @ 06:06am and being 1.43m.

Sunday (D-Day) will see alot of us up and out the door before the "ROOSTER CROWS" with the sunrise being at 06:14am with the 1st high tide being 1.43m @ 06:06am and the second high tide being at 18:38am (38mins after comp ends) at a height of 1.4m.

Wave and wind forecast looks ok also with an estimated wind speed between 17 - 20 knots (at this stage) with the sun trying to bust through the clouds on Sat and clearing for Sun which i think will be warmer than expected.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE ENTERING THE COMPETITION ON SUNDAY

I'm guessing there will be alot of boats out this Sunday so i ask us all to be aware of others, as they may not be aware or as experienced as you.

BE SMART, BE SAFE, BE SEEN. YOUR THE SKIPPER YOUR RESPONSIBLE.

Have a great weekend Ya'LL!!

CHeeRS

Antun

ill be fishing both saturday and sunday on my boat for the pirtek :D im still unsure of whether im going to hit the harbour or just go for botany bay, as i know decent flatty spots in botany but the harbour fishes better.

Saturday will be doing prep for sunday (re-tieing leaders, greasing reels, etc), as well as getting various baits in (who knows what we'll need!).

Sunday will be fishing the Pirtek. Where depends entirely on the species but I'm hoping to fish two sessions to cover both the outgoing and incoming tides.

It's interesting that a few people seem to think that flatty's will be in the target species list. I'm hoping for a curveball like tailor or trevally, something different.

Good luck to everyone who takes part. Post your pics and stories even if you dont catch as it's all for a good cause.

Paul