Marker Poles

sweet chilli

When you leave the ramp are you travelling upstream or downstream??? (away from the ocean or toward it). The system is designed so its port to port and starboard to starboard when you are travelling in from the ocean. The colours will always be back to front if you're travelling downstream.

Smitty...

Hi Everyone ,

Not shore if any of you have ever driven the stretch of waterway where the shoalhaven joins the crookhaven but you have to drive the marker bouys opposite to what they should be :1prop: , I have seen a few boaties come unstuck . Now i know the shoalhaven was once open to the ocean but as it isnt anymore anyone got any theories why this is so . It makes no sense at all .

Cheers Dogtooth..... :1fishing1: John..... :beersmile:

Edited by dogtooth

• 2 weeks later...

When you leave the ramp are you travelling upstream or downstream??? (away from the ocean or toward it). The system is designed so its port to port and starboard to starboard when you are travelling in from the ocean. The colours will always be back to front if you're travelling downstream.

Smitty...

smitty I would be heading upstream

Edited by sweet chilli

Hi Everyone ,

Not shore if any of you have ever driven the stretch of waterway where the shoalhaven joins the crookhaven but you have to drive the marker bouys opposite to what they should be :1prop: , I have seen a few boaties come unstuck . Now i know the shoalhaven was once open to the ocean but as it isnt anymore anyone got any theories why this is so . It makes no sense at all .

Cheers Dogtooth..... :1fishing1: John..... :beersmile:

I also found this out too!! ( Almost the hard way :ranting2: ) and wondered the same thing