13Ft Or 8.5Ft Rod For Shore Fishing?

Csaba

13ft Pflueger Contender Pro rod (6-10kg) OR 8.5ft Shimano Taipan (3-4kg) rod?

I already have a 8ft 6-10kg rod, and a 6.9ft spinning rod, so is it even worth to get something different?

"I keep looking to buy new gear in hopes of catching a fish."

13ft Pflueger Contender Pro rod (6-10kg) OR 8.5ft Shimano Taipan (3-4kg) rod?

I already have a 8ft 6-10kg rod, and a 6.9ft spinning rod, so is it even worth to get something different?

"I keep looking to buy new gear in hopes of catching a fish."

Get a 9ft Shimano Tirelajo, best rod I have ever had.

Also 10ft Daiwa Sensor Surf is one of my favourite rods for surf or rock fishing.

My mate has the 12ft Pfluger with a 6500 Baitrunner and the thing wieghs a tonne, So im sure the 13ft would be similar.

Anyways Good luck.

What do you mean by 'shore fishing', mate? Beach, rock, jetties...?

Also, let us know what sort of fish you're chasing and how. There's a huge difference between those 2 rods and each better suits a different style of fishing. I'm sure you'll get some good thoughts with a little more info.

Cheers, Slinky

Mostly fishing from jetties, and sometimes shore, (only rocks I know to fish from is Bare Island.). I guess, I am looking for the more versatile rod out of the 2. I think that I will try to get the Shimano rod as it is on sale for around 30, even though it is an older used model.

Thanks for all the help.

I'm just starting to throw metal lures in the surf spinning for pelagics and I can tell you my 12ft Penn Powerstick (fibreglass) gets heavy fast! If you're looking to do the same I'd recommend something 2 piece and graphite in 9-10ft - still enough rod to cast past most breaks in the surf and less awkward on the stones and jettys. I haven't been doing this for very long but I reckon a 13ft will be too long anywhere bar the beach. Okuma X factor's are reasonably priced, otherwise look around for a cheap used livefibre. You haven't mentioned what sized reel you're looking to use either but this might factor into the decision in terms of balance.

Cheers

Adam. :1fishing1: