Nelsons Bay ?

fishhntr

hey raiders

gong to nelsons bay this weekend and hiring a boat as the missus requires 1to go fishing lol

we arnt aloud to head towards outside that area you have to head back the other way is it worth trolling for bonnies outside the marina ??

or they dont move that far ?

Hi

I have not seen bonnies around the marina, but then I also havent fished that much at Nelson.

A fun place to be is around the dangerous zone marker at dutchies.

Are you hiring a little tinnie or a full scale boat?

You might rent one from Bob :-) and you might be able to go out the heads (weather permitting)

Hi fishntr - mate suggest you try around the marina at the anchorage resort or down towards the other marina at Soldiers point for flathead. They have been beach netting up there recently according to a local I spoke to the other week so the bream may be a little hard to get onto. Also watch out for the marine park boundaries they are red hot on it up there.

Cheers John

I have found the most reliable area for a feed is throwing squid jigs around the moored boats at Shoal Bay - you can almost guarantee a feed of calamari !

aww nice i have never squidded before but i got given a free squid jig in a fishing magazine i bought gunna have to try in now

I have found the most reliable area for a feed is throwing squid jigs around the moored boats at Shoal Bay - you can almost guarantee a feed of calamari !

Couldnt agree more just down at shoal bay ner that old persons home or whatever it is there are losts of squid that would be great eating....try the smaller of the squid jigs they work best. :thumbup: