Outboard Needed

eniax

Hi raiders was out in the bay the other weekend and cracked my head on my outboard grrrrr :(((

Just wondering if you fellow raiders out there have a 40 50 or 55 hp outboard you are willing to sell.Not looking for anything fancy just something reliable and cheap to take my 7 year old fishing again in the bay!He is having fishing withdrawals lol

cheers! joe

Have a talk to Huey at Huetts Marine , if you want reliability , go new or near new . Im sure that he would be able to get you both back on the water !!

Have a good think about a new or near new engine . Better fuel economy , and there is no $$$ value on yourself or your son!

Hope to hear good reports from you when you get back out on the water !!!

Ross

Hi raiders was out in the bay the other weekend and cracked my head on my outboard grrrrr :(((

Just wondering if you fellow raiders out there have a 40 50 or 55 hp outboard you are willing to sell.Not looking for anything fancy just something reliable and cheap to take my 7 year old fishing again in the bay!He is having fishing withdrawals lol

cheers! joe

Hi Joe If you can't find what you are looking for at Huey's and elsewhere, I am considering updating the power of my 35hp motor to 60hp as, due of the state my back, I have a need to have extra passengers on board to help out with launch and retrieve etc ...

I'm not sure if the going rate of my 1996 35hp Evinrude Elan is going to be out of your price range or not as this motor is in excellent condition and has been well looked and runs beautifully.. It is a 3 cylinder model with hydrofoil, has a 4 blade Solas prop and comes complete with forward controls and 4 guages... the last service was done by Huett marine only a few months ago and the written compression test you get from Huey shows it has an even 140 psi on all three cylinders..

It was going to be a lot easier for me to trade it in on the new 60....it's still on the boat at this stage and if you are interested in making me an offer you are welcome to start it up etc and have it fully inspected...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Joe If you can't find what you are looking for at Huey's and elsewhere, I am considering updating the power of my 35hp motor to 60hp as, due of the state my back, I have a need to have extra passengers on board to help out with launch and retrieve etc ...

I'm not sure if the going rate of my 1996 35hp Evinrude Elan is going to be out of your price range or not as this motor is in excellent condition and has been well looked and runs beautifully.. It is a 3 cylinder model with hydrofoil, has a 4 blade Solas prop and comes complete with forward controls and 4 guages... the last service was done by Huett marine only a few months ago and the written compression test you get from Huey shows it has an even 140 psi on all three cylinders..

It was going to be a lot easier for me to trade it in on the new 60....it's still on the boat at this stage and if you are interested in making me an offer you are welcome to start it up etc and have it fully inspected...

Cheers

Thanks heaps for the offer jewgaffer havent heard from huey yet but ill keep you in mind.

What price range would you be looking at anyway?And do you think a 35hp would be enough to pull around my 15ft nautiglass v150?

Cheers Joe

Cheers

jewgaffer

................................................................................................................

Thanks heaps for the offer jewgaffer havent heard from huey yet but ill keep you in mind.

What price range would you be looking at anyway?And do you think a 35hp would be enough to pull around my 15ft nautiglass v150?

Cheers Joe

...................................................................................................................

Hi Joe I notice your 15' nautiglass already has a 40hp motor on it so unless it's a motor beyond repair or evaluation for that matter, and, if you haven't already done so, why not start off smart and at least get a price from Huey to rebuild it for you...

In regard to my 35hp 3cylinder Evinrude Elan the price I would expect to get for it in all fairness would be only the going rate for such a motor ....

As far as horse power is concerned, I had a 40 on my previous boat, a 15 1/2 foot fibre glass Mustang centre console...the mustang was rated for 40 but you could mount a 70hp on it if you wanted to and were confident you could afford the cost of repairs to a 70 no matter what might happen... running costs, services and the cost of repairs are always of some concern to everybody particularly when downgrading to a smaller boat for example.

My 35hp Elan would have run the mustang along nicely under normal load ie a family with young children but my savage has a recommended horse power of 50hp , whereas the 35hp evinrude was very economical to run and cheaper for me to have repaired if anything went wrong.

It's a new ball game now and the weight of my second live bait tank, other add ons, plus having two heavy deep cycle batteries up the front would weigh as much as a couple of passengers anyway.

The horse power you chose depends on what you want to do with the motor and you wouldn't be able to find more genuine advice than the advice you would get from either Huey or Roger anyway.

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer