Basin And Botany

Hey guys a couple of quick reports from over the weekend

St Georges Basin on the Skeeter.....

Fished with my uncle Neil who fishes the southern bream series comps with The Iceman on saturday morning. We hit the mud hole to try find some of the big reds that have been around that area recently but other that 2 mangled hooks from 2 nice fish (post pics soon) it was a very slow start for me. Neil landed atleast 8 or so legal fish befor i even had a hit but i finally got into the groove and the action started. I ended up landing 7 bream (30-39cm) and a nice flattie 5 of the bream and the flattie taken on the new blades i have made so i was glad they worked. Apparently it was a real slow day and i was deffently out done by my uncle but still had a great day and also landed the biggest bream going 39cm so i had braging rights :yahoo:

Kept a few fish for niels neighbours and a couple of old blokes from work.

Action shot i didnt knew it was so blury lol

1zvg108.jpg

Better shot of bigger fish

hrzkac.jpg

Botany racks......

Finally convinced my lovely sister Taryn to come out on the water with me to try some plastics. It was a hard day with the wind but still managed to get her her first fish on lures and she ended up with 2 keepers one on one of the blades i made too :thumbup:

2hoepzn.jpg

24ni59v.jpg

I landed a very sorry flattie who slamed my blade but buy the pics you can see the size of his head compaired to his body, im not sure if he had been hit by a boat in his time or attacked by something as he had a massive lump on his back and a crooked spine so i let him live another day. 173gol.jpg

I got heaps of small flatties and bream and landed a nice trev too so it was a great day out on the water

35i8yo8.jpg

Thanks guys

Pete

well done pete,some great fish landed which is pretty much expected from you from the form you'v been in lately. :biggrin2: top effort.& glad your sis had a good day out with you & got into some fish too.glad to see your blades are producing the goods for you,id love to try em out.is that one of your painted blades in the trevs gob???if so,looks the goods mate.top work & keep em coming.

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

well done pete,some great fish landed which is pretty much expected from you from the form you'v been in lately. :biggrin2: top effort.& glad your sis had a good day out with you & got into some fish too.glad to see your blades are producing the goods for you,id love to try em out.is that one of your painted blades in the trevs gob???if so,looks the goods mate.top work & keep em coming.

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

Yeah that's one of the blades i painted Friday night with black spray paint and my aunts nail polish it got the majority of fish both outings

ill let you know soon about the blade

pete