Attacked By A Flying Fish

mad_mullet

hey people took the mullet out saturday for a big day chasing marlin, set up the spread started heading towards the southern canyons and about 930 bang the band snaps off the rigger 24kg is screamin off but no jumps ,must be a fin we say wile clearing the deck, gimble is on then big jump, up shows what was a nice size stripe marlin, wind wind my mate yell as its going crazy towards the boat as i see my lure go flying damn it :ranting2: 30 mins later the same lure takes a huge run then nothing, whats going on check the lure all good back in it goes for a third hit and it gets bill whacked out of the water for no hook up,continue to troll my mate was driving wile i was having a smoke down the back of the baot, picture back towards the water leaning on the side and as i look forward this huge school of flying fish jumps at a million miles an hour strait at me, f#@k i yell turning my head wile ducking and bamm one smashes me rite in the kidneys the little bugger the rest just missing my head and alot smashed into the side of the boat, te one that hit me fell into the boat knocked out, after the boys had a good laughf we continued on for no more strikes up till we found a big fad looking boy, had a drift and it was packed with big dollies, rite on dark we bagged out with 15 dollies all over 75cms the biggest 90cms so we head home for beers and to wash the boat,

cheers andy

LOL, sounds hilarious, got ambushed by a school of flying fish :074:

Did you have revenge on the demonic mullet with wings and put him out as bait or what?

Bad luck on the marlin, 3 strikes and no fish but at least you got some good dollies.

haha the dead flying fish got put on a hook and taken by a big dollie yes lol

hahaha gold!!! we used the flying fish in rarotonga for a skipbait, they are like candy to marlin... good to see u came home with decent bag of dollys at the end of the day!! :thumbup:

Bad luck Mad_Mullet on the beakies, heard you on the radio chatting to arman about your first strike. At least you did better than most on the dollies, every fad or fish trap we tried had either no dollies or they were not really on the chew only managed 4.As for the flying fish sounds like they came off second best running into the mullet. :074: Hows the kidneys?

Cheers Mike

im still giggling,about that,your just lucky i wasnt onboard ,funniest home videos would of been a shoe in,

this reminds me of the day you squirted tuna oil all over yourself,our secrete ,dont worry i wont tell anybody :biggrin2:

bad luck on the beakies mate ,its gona happen

cheers arman

Hey unlucky on the strikes.... awesome sight the flying fish but ive never seen the kamikaze variety before!..... can i ask what colour lure was doing the damage on the beakies? Always interesting to compare what gets hit more often..... we are out on sat. so if anyones wide we will be on vhf 21 call sign wra 36.... give us a call and good luck if anyone else is out....paul

Hey unlucky on the strikes.... awesome sight the flying fish but ive never seen the kamikaze variety before!..... can i ask what colour lure was doing the damage on the beakies? Always interesting to compare what gets hit more often..... we are out on sat. so if anyones wide we will be on vhf 21 call sign wra 36.... give us a call and good luck if anyone else is out....paul

yeah mate a green pakula 9 inch

im still giggling,about that,your just lucky i wasnt onboard ,funniest home videos would of been a shoe in,

this reminds me of the day you squirted tuna oil all over yourself,our secrete ,dont worry i wont tell anybody :biggrin2:

bad luck on the beakies mate ,its gona happen

cheers arman

dude so not nice, i done that purely for your entertainment to give the boys a laughf cause the day was so slow, why you jumped into the water in your underwear i dont know cause it was not entertaining hahaha,

but i tell ya what if i get 10 replies of yes i will post the pic of arman in his undies having a swim :074:

Well done Mad Mullett.......What a classic!!! All of us on Marquis had a good laugh listening on the radio!!! Bad luck on the "bites"

We were lucky enough to go 2 2 1 for the day. Tagged a nice Stripe Marlin around 70kg in 130 fathoms east of Botany Bay. The trusty Pakula medium Lumo Sprocket was the lure of choice.

Went out yestaday on the 47' Riviera Seadeuce,did very well on the dollys at the wide FAD. Water temp was amazeing at 26.5 degrees!!!!

Had a troll for a few hours for zeros but did see 3 free jumping beakies. Looks good for the Port Hacking comp this weekend.