Bot Bay And Cooks River 1St May

gg85

hi first post here and thought i'd better start sharin some of my results as everyone else as been so nice to do. Started off at the gentlmens hour of 8:30 in 8ft of water off towra done 2 25min drifts throwing 80 and 100mm bloodworm and wasabi wrigglers and pulled in 4 legal bream to 30 fork length after that started to find to many small pinkies so moved on to kurnell flats. Once i pulled up at the flats i wasnt feelin to confident as i could see the damage the desal had done to some of my fav weedbed spots but i persisted with the drift anyway when i was jus thinking one more cast zzzzzzzzz the little 1000 stradic took off and a really dark 34cm fork bream came to the boat. i was pretty happy by then as just over an hour and i had my 5 bream in the well they werent massive but pretty happy with that considering i havent been out in 2 months . Ended up with another 2 legals around that area but only around 27-28 fork so decided to head up the cooks.

The Cooks

I had changed from plastics to small bassday kangoku vibs and decided to chuck em around the bridges which had become a expensive mistake looking at the sounder i could see there was something a little bigger than bream there but i persued with the 4lb and 3rd cast again zzzzzzzzzz and tried to pull the fish away using the leccy but wasnt quick enough and bang aound the bridge pilons there goes one vib. went back to the 100mm wriggler and next 5 casts come out with 2 legals 30 and 29 fork then decided to move further up the river to some more bridges armed with some more vibs in which i scored another 3 jus legals and another screeeeeemin run which became another vib donated to the cooks bridges.

I must say it was the most lively i have seen the bream around those areas in a long time.

Sorry no pics as my missus would not let me take the camera as it has the weddin pics on it though next post i will try and put some pics with it

Cheers Grant

Edited by gg85

Welldone Grant!

Sounds like you had a really good session.

Would have nice to know what busted you off. Maybe a jewie?

I headed up the cooks in my yak this arvo, and your right , the bream are quite active a.t.m.

Cheers

Luke

Welcome gg85 and thanks for sharing your catch. Are those squidgy pro range wrigglers you're using with S-Factor?

I've just started to fish the Towra area and tried the area around the yellow beacon/marker last Sunday and managed only one trevally and a few pinkies on 2" gulp grubs in about 3-4m depth. Am I in the right area or should I be further out in deeper water, further south west towards the elephants trunk and pelican point or south east towards Quibray Bay? Any tips would be appreciated

Welcome gg85 and thanks for sharing your catch. Are those squidgy pro range wrigglers you're using with S-Factor?

I've just started to fish the Towra area and tried the area around the yellow beacon/marker last Sunday and managed only one trevally and a few pinkies on 2" gulp grubs in about 3-4m depth. Am I in the right area or should I be further out in deeper water, further south west towards the elephants trunk and pelican point or south east towards Quibray Bay? Any tips would be appreciated

My tip with towra would be to go straight past it at the moment and go into woolooware bay :) that has defiantly the most productive for me and i have landed a few nice flatties and bream

Oh and timestamp great report!

i am yet to try the cooks but will be in the near future

Pete

yer they r the ones . i started my morning around that area of the yellow beacon and got a few nice fish but dont be to stuck on fishing the one area try moving the whole way up and down the flats there between towra and the oil wharf and if thats not working try headin to woolooware bay or the cooks river. Fish will come and go from area to area so if one place isnt working after a while try moving to another spot. Dont be afraid to drift into 3-4ft of water either (if ur boat is able) there r some big fish in the shallower areas of the flats.